Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

hi. im new. recipe challenge included!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 13 Replies
My name is megan and i have a very picky two yr old boy. i have a recipe challenge for all the ladies reading this...what is the cheapest yet delicious recipe for dinner you guys can think of? Mine is mac n cheese, peas and tuna. Love it. Its pretty self explanatory. a can of peas, box of mac n cheese (preferably velveta) and a can of tuna (in water)...
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I make a skillet
potatoes, usually bacon, eggs and then add cheese and melt before serving. Hunny and bean love it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Taco cups.

1 lb. ground beef taco seasoning packet 1-2 cups shredded cheese 1 package flaky biscuits (I use Pillsbury Grands flaky layers, 8 count)

*Brown the ground beef, drain and add the taco seasoning as directed on the seasoning packet. *Separate the flaky layers biscuits into eight biscuits, then peel the biscuits in half, making 16 thin biscuits. *Roll the biscuits out some (use a rolling pin, or pat them thin with your fingers) till they are approx. 8" across *Put biscuits into cupcake/muffin tin, creating a biscuit shell. *Fill biscuit shell with spoonful of seasoned taco meat, and top with shredded cheese. *Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly browned.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I make noodles and sauce.

pasta (your choice)
spaghetti sauce

Boil up the pasta and drain...Add sauce and heat through...Add parmesan cheese on top if desired.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM

eggs and fries or egg sandwiches and fries

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM

cheese toast

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM

My favorite meal of all time is smoked sausage, green beans and potatoes. You boil the potatoes until pretty tender, then drain some of the water, add 2 cans of green beans, one drained, one not, and then the smoked sausage.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Hi welcome. Mine would be sloppy joes.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Welcome to the group!
Tacos. Spaghetti, and breakfast are our cheap to go meals
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Welcome to the Group!

I make fried sausage and southern pit bbq baked beans together alot my husband likes it. Just cut up the sausage into the pan and toss it around till its starts to get dark around the edges then and the beans let it get warm in the pan then eat it. So easy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
l.townsend2151
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM

my family hunts deer so i have an unlimited stock of deer and we do all the processing at home so it makes it REALLY inexpensive!! so i use deer sausage a can of pork and beans and a can of rotel!! its amazing!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)