Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Favorite restaurant food recipes

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have a favorite restaurant food or meal that you make? Please share your recipe if you have one.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Saucy Shrimp Appetizer from Bonefish Grill

When buying shrimp, descriptions such as jumbo and medium give you a sense of the shellfish's size, but one store's jumbo may be another's large. Pay attention to the count, or the number of shrimp per pound listed next to the price. In this recipe, the chef calls for 5 ounces of 50/60 shrimp.

Kalamata olives are an almond-shaped Greek olive with a dark eggplant color.

Feta, which is also a Greek staple, is white, crumbly and has a rich, tangy flavor.

Yield: 1 serving.

Ingredients:

1 oz. butter
5 oz. (50/60 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 kalamata olives
2 oz. sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 of the Bonefish Grill lime-tomato-garlic sauce (see note)
2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
Chopped parsley for garnish

Instructions:
1. Add butter to sauté pan, tilting pan to coat. Pour excess butter out. Sauté shrimp, olives and sun-dried tomatoes until shrimp turn opaque.

2. Add one-fourth of the lime tomato garlic sauce (see note). Toss the sauce with shrimp and vegetables and remove the pan from the heat.

3. Pour all ingredients onto an appetizer plate. Top with crumbled feta and a pinch of parsley.

How to make lime-tomato-garlic sauce: Place 1/2 cup roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh tomatoes, 1/4 cup lemon juice, juice from 2 limes, 1/4 cup chopped garlic, 1/2 cup white wine and 5 tablespoons granulated sugar in saucepan. Stir and let cook until reduced in volume by half. Add 1 cup heavy cream, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon white pepper. Stir and let simmer until the mixture thickens. On medium to low heat, slowly add 2 tablespoons butter (cut into small pieces) until melted. Remove pan from heat when all of the butter is incorporated. Makes enough for 4 servings.

Kimberly954
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I make this ALL the time now.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Corn Bread From Disney's Wilderness Lodge and the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 Tblsp baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup milk

Heat oven to 375 F. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt. Add beaten eggs along with milk and vegetable oil. Use a whisk to stir mixture, mixing only enough to incorporate the elements. Pour batter into baking pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Cut in wedges and serve.

Yield: Yield: 12 servings.

Kimberly954
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I make this a lot as well. I LOVE LOVE cracker barrels chicken and dumplings so i found a recipe thats really similar and yes, the dumplings are rolled out.

Quoting AmosFarkle:

THANK THE GOOD LORD FOR A TRUE SOUTHERN COOK!!!!!

Drop dumplings?  For sissies!  They have to be ROLLED to be the real thing.  I know, I know...some of you are thinking I'm a nut, but this is one of my pet peeves!  My "Southern Living" recipe is similar, but maybe a little easier.

AUTHENTIC SOUTHERN CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS

1 (3lb.) whole chicken, cut up

4 T. chicken bouillon granules

1 tsp. pepper

4 c. all-purpose flour

2 T. baking powder

2 tsp. salt

1/2 c. butter flavor shortening

1-1/2  c. milk

BRING chicken in water to cover to boil in a large stockpot.  (Make sure the water is a good 3-4" over the chicken so you'll have plenty of broth.)  Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hr.  Remove chicken; cool. Pour broth through a wire-mesh strainer into a large saucepan, discarding solids.  Skim off fat.  Return broth to pot; bring to a simmer.

SKIN and bone chicken; cut into bite-size pieces.  Add chicken, bouillon granules, and pepper to broth; return to a simmer.

COMBINE flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.  Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until crumbly. Add milk, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.

TURN dough out onto a lightly floured surface.  Roll out to 1/8" thickness; sprinkle lightly with flour and cut into 3- x 2-" strips with a pizza wheel.

BRING broth mixture to a boil.  Drop strips, 1 at a time, into boiling broth, stirring gently, until all are added.  Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 20 minutes. 

Quoting SweetLuci:

Cracker Barrel Dumplings (side dish)

Dumplings:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
4 tablespoon vegetable oil

Cooking Liquid:
8 cups water
3 chicken buillon cubes

Dumpling Sauce:
3 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
2 chicken bouillon cubes,- crumbled
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 to 3/4 cup dumpling cooking liquid (after dumplings have been cooked)

Mix the dumpling ingredients, blend them well and turn out on to a floured surface. Knead 4 or five times and divide dough into two parts. Roll out one piece of dough to 1/8-inch thick and cut into 1- x 1 1/2-inch strips. Place into a large saucepan that you have place the 8 cups of water and 3 chicken bouillon cubes that has been brought to boil and the bouillon cubes have been dissolved. Cook one-half of dumplings until just about done and strain and set aside. Next finish the other half of the dumplings in the same way. While cooking the dumplings you can prepare the sauce.

Dumpling Sauce: Place butter in medium sauce pan and melt, add salt and flour, stir until thick. Mix sugar with milk, and add to flour mixture a little at a time and stir constantly with a whisk until thick and smooth. Remove from heat.

Place cooked dumplings in dumpling sauce and add 1/2 cups of cooking liquid in which the crumbled chicken bouillon cubes have been added and stir gently. Simmer dumplings until blended on low heat. More cooking liquid may be added if needed.

Kimberly954
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I dont have the recipe on my computer but I make the Columbia's 1905 salad and if you arent from Sarasota, FL, St Pete FL or St Augustine, you probably have no idea what the Columbia is anyways. :)

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I make it a lot, too. This is the only cornbread that DH will eat. I often make it into muffins, and freeze them, so quick when you need a little something to add to dinner, or for a snack.

Quoting Kimberly954:

I make this ALL the time now.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Corn Bread From Disney's Wilderness Lodge and the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 Tblsp baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup milk

Heat oven to 375 F. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt. Add beaten eggs along with milk and vegetable oil. Use a whisk to stir mixture, mixing only enough to incorporate the elements. Pour batter into baking pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Cut in wedges and serve.

Yield: Yield: 12 servings.

kt674
by Kari on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Wow! I just made a recipe very similiar to this yesterday in the crockpot! It was yummy!

Quoting redheadstar:

olive gardens fagoli http://restaurant.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-pasta-e-fagioli-soup-in-a-crock-pot-copycat-31717

redheadstar
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I made it two weeks ago and it went in a few hours, very delicious and healthy too

Quoting kt674:

Wow! I just made a recipe very similiar to this yesterday in the crockpot! It was yummy!

Quoting redheadstar:

olive gardens fagoli http://restaurant.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-pasta-e-fagioli-soup-in-a-crock-pot-copycat-31717

Hafsa1
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I was so upset when olive garden took this off their menu, I ordered it a lot! Then found out recently they have the recipe on their website!

http://www.olivegarden.com/Recipes/Main-Dishes/Chicken-Gnocchi-Veronese/

I plan on making it soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by Mandy on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Quoting SweetLuci:

Cheese Garlic Biscuits a la Red Lobster

Yield: 12 biscuits

2 cups Bisquick prepared baking mix

2/3 cup milk

1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1. Heat oven to 450 F.

2. Mix baking mix, milk and cheese until soft dough forms. Beat mixture vigorously for 30 seconds.

3. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

4. Mix butter and garlic powder. Brush garlic mixture over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.

5. Serve biscuits warm.

Love these!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)