Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

calm cooking

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:10 AM
  • 16 Replies
Hello every 1. I love to cook when I'm upset out agitated. It calms me & puts my mind @ ease. Does any 1 else enjoy cooking for any reason?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMrs407
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I am the exact same way.  When DD was little DH would take care of her and play with her while I made dinner so I could relax.  Now she's in there with me.  It's not quite as relaxing, but it's always fun and leaves me in a better mood.

Momblsdbygrace6
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Me also. If I'm angry,I practically run 2 the kitchen. My 9 year old D helps she sometimes makes it a Little stressfull so i give her a task, then let her complete it b4 I come back... or stop washing dishes.so we don't crowd other.
OliviaW.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Yep! I love to bake bread when I'm upset or mad. Nobody says anything when you're beating the crap out of dough in my house. 

Lorena
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I just started doing baking. So for me it is still a little stressful. But when my ds is in the kitchen better stay out of his way. Lol
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:49 AM

That's great!  glad it works for you....I can sometimes get a cleaning job done I've been putting off for a long time when I'm angry....

jessicasmom1
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I am glad it works for you , I cook everyday and enjoy it so I think it helps release tension

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Yes baking helps me when I am upset.
periwinkle163
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I like to bake when I'm stressed, something about putting things together in an exact order and having it come out as expected calms me.

LadyBast
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I clean when I am made I cook when I have extra time and want to do it, it does calm me and my daughter helps so it is our time especially baking!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Exactly! Punching the dough is a great stress reliever when you're feeling like  punching someone!

Quoting OliviaW.:

Yep! I love to bake bread when I'm upset or mad. Nobody says anything when you're beating the crap out of dough in my house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN