Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms
Hello every 1. I love to cook when I'm upset out agitated. It calms me & puts my mind @ ease. Does any 1 else enjoy cooking for any reason?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Replies (11-16):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Usually if I'm upset I clean.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I love to cook when I am relaxed and not rushed.  I get a lot of satisfaction out of a well done dish.  It may sound weird, but I love to chop vegetables, it is almost therapeutic to me.  I know a lot of people who say exactly the opposite, that they hate all of the chopping!

Basherte
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I really enjoy the expressions on people's faces when they eat what I've made. Plus I actually really enjoy the actually cooking of the food as well. I don't know that I use it to calm down, but I do enjoy the movements that are required for cooking.  That I'm the only one in the kitchen, normally, while cooking. The satisfaction when things come together like I wanted them too.

epoh
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I can't cook when I'm stressed. I clean when I'm stressed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

ha! I love cooking as well. Some days i just get in moods and want to make everything i see.

periwinkle163
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Quoting LadyBast:

I clean when I am made I cook when I have extra time and want to do it, it does calm me and my daughter helps so it is our time especially baking!

I clean when I am angry, it really helps me calm down seeing everything fall back into their proper places.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)