Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Taco dip

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:11 AM
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone have a good recipe for a taco dip I would like to make it for super bowl????

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Taco Soup Dip - justslowcooking.com

16 oz Ground beef; cooked
16 oz Canned corn
16 oz Salsa

Mix together and place in a slow cooker. Serve with tortilla chips.

pickles326
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM

so you keep this as  hot dip and just put toppings on side? what about taco seasoning do you put that in your meat

Quoting delanna6two:

16 oz Canned corn
16 oz Salsa

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I served it directly from the crockpot over the tortilla chips.  I did add in some a little taco seasoning.  I have a mix that I make up that I added in.  We did not use any side toppings....just served it over the chips.

Quoting pickles326:

so you keep this as  hot dip and just put toppings on side? what about taco seasoning do you put that in your meat

Quoting delanna6two:

16 oz Canned corn
16 oz Salsa

pickles326
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM

ok thanks

ilostmy_keys
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I layer refried beans, sour cream mixed with taco seasoning, cheddar cheese, shredded lettucs and sliced black olives in a 9x13 and serve it as a cold dip with tortilla chips or frito scoops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elijahsmama09
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM

My taco dip is very different. I brown a lb of turkey(you can use whatever) with onions and bell peppers, diced. The last couple minutes of cooking, add 4 cloves of garlic, minced. Add a pkt of taco seasoning. Add in a cup of velveeta cubes, stir until melted. Add a splash of milk if too dry. Add a cup each of sour cream and your favorite salsa. You can also add a can of your favorite beans if you want to stretch it more. Serve warm with tortilla chips. 

My cold taco dip is 8oz pkg cream cheese, a pkt of taco seasoning, and about a cup of sour cream. Mix until smooth. Then add 1 C shredded cheese and 2 or 3 green onions, chopped. Mix. Serve with veggies and tortillas. 

periwinkle163
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I use a thing of velveeta, a tomato, and an onion microwave it. Sometimes I add leftover taco meat to it.

pickles326
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Thanks I was thinking about doing the cold dip so I could do it the night b4 I have a lot of wings to cook the day of the game
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)