Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Replies (11-18):
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I am making a chili from the leftover taco meatloaf from last night....and a side of garlic bread.

VAGal25
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Rotisserie chicken and homemade veggie fried rice

cadeesmommy0120
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:19 PM

There are black beans in it along with chicken, corn, avocado, tomatoes, onions...

I might try the Spanish rice, fruit salad would be too dang expensive! :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

Spanish rice, or black beans or fruit salad? But depending on what all is in your salad and the size of it, it could be a complete meal on it's own.

Quoting cadeesmommy0120:

chicken avocado salad served on tortillas...I can't come up with a side dish...:(

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Pasta and meatballs, garlic bread.

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM

If its actual milk, i sub almond milk. But its usually butter, cream of something soup, cheese, etc.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting Kimberly954:

I am so not on top of my menu this week. Every time i think of something, some part of my ingredients has something with milk in it. ugh.

You can sub juice or water for the milk. 

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM

You can actually find butter that hasn't been made of milk (it's hard to find but possible), I never use cream of anything when I cook (I personally can't stand the taste). The cheese can get hardly but you can find lactose free (normally at health food stores).  My DH & DS can't have lactose so it makes cooking harder but doable. 

Quoting Kimberly954:

If its actual milk, i sub almond milk. But its usually butter, cream of something soup, cheese, etc.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting Kimberly954:

I am so not on top of my menu this week. Every time i think of something, some part of my ingredients has something with milk in it. ugh.

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yes, i use vegan butter but it comes in a tub, not sticks, and is way more expensive!!! I was going to make my own cream of mushroom today but realized i must have thrown the mushrooms out yesterday thinking i didnt need them. Ooops....poor planning on my part.

Quoting OliviaW.:

You can actually find butter that hasn't been made of milk (it's hard to find but possible), I never use cream of anything when I cook (I personally can't stand the taste). The cheese can get hardly but you can find lactose free (normally at health food stores).  My DH & DS can't have lactose so it makes cooking harder but doable. 

Quoting Kimberly954:

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting Kimberly954:

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Frozen dinners. DH has a business dinner, so I am having stuffed peppers, DD is having 5 cheese lasagna and DS1 is having a fried chicken meal. DS2 will have his usual Gerber purée with pudding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN