Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Couponing....post your tips!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 10 Replies

A couple things I learned at a couponing seminar and some things I already knew.

With buy 1 get 1 free deals, use 2 coupons. I always do this! I get a lot of items VERY inexpensive this way.

Take advantage of companies that accept competitors coupons.

If something is on sale in an ad and they run out, get a rain check and staple your coupons to the raincheck. Even if the coupons expire before you redeem the raincheck, they will still accept those coupons!

Some places price match (like walmart) but the prices MUST be advertised. Publix never puts their prices in the ads!! At least not on their B1G1 items.

What are your tips?

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KamsOne
by Jen on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this

For maximum savings, hold on to your coupon until that item is on sale.

KamsOne
by Jen on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Organize your coupons!  It's easy to clip them and then lose them or forget about them.  Keeping a coupon binder or organizer is the best way to be sure you can find what you need when you need it.

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Don't spend all your time cutting and organizing...only to forget them at home!!!! (smacks head)

(Yup-every stinkin time hubby and I decided to use coupons-sigh-lol)

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Thanks for the tips...

HippieHobo
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Make sure you know each retailers coupon policies for doubling.  I found out the hard way that our one grocery store only doubles the first coupon if you have more than one of the exact same coupon.  You may need to create multiple orders. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Great tips!

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Great tips! 

Take advantage of round up days. Our albertsons is rounding up all coupons to $1 this week.

Kimberly954
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Man, i wish we had roundups and doubling! But not in FL!!

mrscbrown2011
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

When you are not sure or the information via internet is not dated...email the company with your questions..I did this and found out something about their coupon policy I didnt know...

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:17 AM

These are good tips. I just recently found out about using two coupons on the buy one get one.

Just a general hint. If it says two for one, then you can purchase one and it will be half price. No so with buy one get one free.

Publix price matches but just with certain stores that are in their closest area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)