Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning out the pantry and freezer

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Kim
  • 12 Replies

I seriously need to eat some of the stuff we have in the pantry and freezer. but its so hard! I keep buying more! Eek. My freezer is WAY too full and at the end of the day i feel like there is really nothing in there good to make. Sigh....i think i am addicted to grocery shopping. LOL Anyone else have a hard time cleaning out the stuff you already have?? I need to find a website where you type in your ingredients and it gives you a recipe.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

allrecipes has that tool! just go to the ingredients tab off the main page.

KamsOne
by Jen on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I don't have that problem.  I don't have the space to stockpile so we don't have an overabundance of food.  And I've been lazy lately so I've been more apt to use up what we have rather than go out to the grocery store.

OliviaW.
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Allrecipes and campbell's kitchen you can do that. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to have that problem until I started meal planning. Now I don't really have much just random food.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Ever so often when I realize I need to do this, I make a game of it. I plan out meals using just what I have on hand. Make a list of things you need to fill in like salad greens, bread, milk, etc. Only buy those things. Think how much money you'll save!

Recipematcher.com allrecipes.com, and supercook.com all have this feature.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM
We are pretty good at making we use everything we buy.. cause we try to make our food last longer by buying more and big going to Sam's Club for things as well.. mostly just the big meal stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:59 AM
I do have to do this on occasion. It really helps when we're broke and I can't go grocery shopping. Lol. I've come up with some pretty creative meals and some that aren't so creative, but still edible and appetizing.
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM
We're trying to do this right now too. We leave for fl in 2 weeks so we need to clean things out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Every month before I go grocery shopping I look in my pantry in freezer and figure out at least 5 to 10 meals I can make from what's in there so that when I come home with more groceries I'm not just heaping things on top of stuff I'm not going to use
SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:20 AM

It really does help to meal plan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)