Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Soon to be first time mama :)

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:01 AM
  • 17 Replies

Hi. My name is Susan. I am 24 years old pregnant, due May 20, 2013. I am beyond ecstatic about it. Especially since last night I finally got the nursery completely done. We picked up the crib yesterday and I refused to go to bed until it was all complete and picture ready :)

I am engaged to the man of my dreams, Dan, who is 22 years old. He is happier than he thought he would ever be about being a daddy. He didnt plan on having kids until he was 28 !

Though this pregnancy was an "accident" we did not prevent it at all and neither one of us would change it if we could.

We plan on getting married next year, after baby turns one. And if I get my way, the date will be July 12th or 13th. He wants a spring or fall wedding. I am 100% set on a July wedding. My dad passed away 12 1/2 years ago and his birthday is July 9th, and since I have wanted a wedding near his birthday.

We have had many struggles since I got pregnant, but I keep reminding myself they are due to the hormone changes in me, and the fact that their were a lot of changes for DF all at once. We had just gotten our own place together and it was his first time not living with his parents. His best friends moved. He got a new job after being out of work for 2 1/2 months, and then we found out I got pregnant in the second week of being on our own :) Then his hours were cut, and we again had to move (thankfully the lease was only for 3 months), due to me not having a job and he was no longer making enough to cover rent and food. We moved in with my parents, which has been a HUGE adjustment for him, but we are defiantely coping. We have a bedroom, livingroom, nursery, and a mini kitchenette (unfortunately no water), all to ourselves. His hours are just now picking up, after 3 months of them being cut in half, so we have been fighting a lot less about money, so hopefully soon, we will be able to start saving again.

I love being able to cook dinner for DF but I have so little energy these days, I hate cooking, and I never know what to cook. I am hoping this sparks some great ideas for us to try now, and far into the new life of parenting.

I guess that is it for now. :) Thanks for reading

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. I find it helps save money, time and aggravation to plan ahead, then you know what you're going to have, there's no stress. Also, crockpot meals might be a good idea for you since they are easy.

OliviaW.
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
welcome to the group. crock pot meals & casseroles are very easy. Most cooking is when you have a recipe and know what you're making.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome and Congrats.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome and Congratulations! I have two may babies. I agree with luci

Quoting SweetLuci:

Welcome to the group. I find it helps save money, time and aggravation to plan ahead, then you know what you're going to have, there's no stress. Also, crockpot meals might be a good idea for you since they are easy.

jesuschild06
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Yeah, I definately like having money put back, but since it was the first time DF had real bills it was hard for him. He just kept spending money instead of saving. I finally sat him down and layed everything out for him. When he realized that he should have been able to put back $200 easily a month and still have money to blow he was shocked, but then right afterwards his hours got cut, so it sucked. Apparently I should have done that with his very first check, because just telling him wasnt doing any good :p

Ill look into a crockpot when we get our tax money. I dont have one, and not sure my parents do either, havent seen one around:p Thanks :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

jesuschild06
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I have made a few casseroles, that I just conjered up with what was in the kitchen, but since Im not really a cook, I hesitate a lot. I never started cooking until we got our own place, so I am so new at this ! before hand I didnt eat anything unless someone else made it or it could be cooked in the microwave ! lol

Quoting OliviaW.:

welcome to the group. crock pot meals & casseroles are very easy. Most cooking is when you have a recipe and know what you're making.

KamsOne
by Jen on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  Sounds like you have a lot on your plate.  Congrats on your pregnancy!

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I always wanted to have a wedding on the fourth of July so there was always the fireworks going off when I was celebrating...
JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM
when I first started cooking I did what my best friend and I called cheater cooking. what that means is we would take something like macaroni and cheese and you took it just like the box said but we would add things to it like 1 night it might be hamburger and peas the next night it might be corn and tuna fish but we would see what woodworking what did not working we would remember the recipes that we liked.. I started out by just putting him down on the little 3 by 5 cards even know they may not be anything but 1 box macaroni and cheese 1 can of tuna fishing 1 thing of eggs and French's onions.. you can always play around with anything and try it out but the first thing you gotta figure out is what he likes and what you like
jesuschild06
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:18 PM

thanks :) One day I was craving mac n cheese and chicken so I combined them. He refused to even taste it. Said nothng belongs in mac n cheese lol. But, if I buy cheeseburger hamburger helper (which is basically mac n cheese and hamburger) hell eat it. But, that is the only thing DF has ever complained about when I cooked something. But I normally just buy hamburger helper or velveta helper stuff if I combine anything. lol. I just really want to get away from that. And give him new things. Maybe I just need to guilt him into trying mac n cheese with things added ! haha. Im sure I can get away with that while pregnant :)

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

when I first started cooking I did what my best friend and I called cheater cooking. what that means is we would take something like macaroni and cheese and you took it just like the box said but we would add things to it like 1 night it might be hamburger and peas the next night it might be corn and tuna fish but we would see what woodworking what did not working we would remember the recipes that we liked.. I started out by just putting him down on the little 3 by 5 cards even know they may not be anything but 1 box macaroni and cheese 1 can of tuna fishing 1 thing of eggs and French's onions.. you can always play around with anything and try it out but the first thing you gotta figure out is what he likes and what you like

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN