Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Lasagna

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am making a lasagna today and was wondering what you put in yours for meats and veggies? Also do you boil your noodles first or do you get the no boil kind? 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM

If I'm doing just a regular pan of lasagna I use the ready noodles, a chunky veggie pasta sauce, cheese and pepperoni slices.

kt674
by Kari on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Yum! I have never tried it with pepperoni before but want too!

Quoting goddess99:

If I'm doing just a regular pan of lasagna I use the ready noodles, a chunky veggie pasta sauce, cheese and pepperoni slices.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM

It's really good, it's all I ever use. When I make lasagna rolls I use chicken.

Quoting kt674:

Yum! I have never tried it with pepperoni before but want too!

Quoting goddess99:

jjamom
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH is Italian and very picky.  We usually do all cheese lasagna, with meatballs and sausage on the side.  I use the homemade sauce I cooked them in (in the crockpot) in the lasagna.  I just use ricotta, egg, 6 cheese Italian blend, salt, pepper and fresh chopped parsley in the filling.  In the sauce, I use a large can of San Marzano tomatoes, about 1/2 jar of tomato paste, 1 can of tomato sauce and then I add in sautéed onions and garlic and Italian seasoning and cook on low (with the meatballs and sausage) for 6-8 hours.  

I usually do the regular lasagna noodles and par-boil them first, but recently found that my grocery store carries fresh lasagna sheets.  I used them last time and it was really good.  DH loved it!

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I use turkey burger-but that's cuz I've been using turkey burger in place of ground beef for over 12 years now. I don't add any veggies to my lasagna.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I do a meat sauce and layer it between cottege and ricotta cheese mixed together then moz. I always boil the noodles

kt674
by Kari on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM

That's what I use in mine too. Honestly, my family can't even tell the difference!

Quoting ZsMommy:

I use turkey burger-but that's cuz I've been using turkey burger in place of ground beef for over 12 years now. I don't add any veggies to my lasagna.

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM

My hubby and I actually can-but that's we can tell the taste of beef. We've grown so used to TB that we actually prefer it over ground beef. Only time either of us have ground beef is if we order a burger somewhere. We still eat pot roast and an occasional steak-but not fans of ground beef anymore.

Quoting kt674:

That's what I use in mine too. Honestly, my family can't even tell the difference!

Quoting ZsMommy:

periwinkle163
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM

It depends who I make it for. My extended family I put peppers, mushrooms, and onions in for veggies. I use american and mozzarella cheese and only hamburger for the meat.

When I make it at home for just us I don't add any extra veggies and I use ricotta and mozzarella. I use a mix of hamburger and Italian sauage. For both I boil the noodles most of the way but not all the way.

Basherte
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I get the no boil kind of noodles.

I don't add veggies to my lasagna. Other than onion. 

I use ground beef, italian sausage, and ground turkey (as a filler)

I also use the sargento's italian blend cheese, then add ricotto to it. 

I do sometimes add a chunky veggie sauce. with tomatoes and such. Even though tomatoes are more a fruit than a veggie.

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)