Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

What is a crock pot?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 27 Replies

I'm from the UK and hear loads of moms on here talking about it, so, what is it?

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Crockpot is a trademark name-the first brand of slow cooker. It's a counter top small appliance that cooks food at a very low temperature over a number of hours.

It cooks unattended so that you can add ingredients to the pot in the morning before work, then come home eight to 10 hours later, to a perfectly cooked meal.

A Crock-Pot never needs preheating and meals cooked in a Crock-Pot retain their juices and flavors because of the design and slow-cooking method.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I hope you can find one. They are so helpful.

starlight1968
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I've got dinner in mine right now.  LOVE LOVE them!!

kathislove80
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Love my slow cooker! I am making beef stew in it right now. I call mine June Cleaver, because she cooks all day while I'm at work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Crockpot is a brand name for a slow cooker. I have a Cuisinart slow cooker and love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
2 moms liked this
One of my friends calls hers "her boyfriend", lol! She'll say "Oh, my boyfriend made dinner for me" :)

Quoting kathislove80:

Love my slow cooker! I am making beef stew in it right now. I call mine June Cleaver, because she cooks all day while I'm at work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! That's a good one!

Quoting beadingmom17:

One of my friends calls hers "her boyfriend", lol! She'll say "Oh, my boyfriend made dinner for me" :)

Quoting kathislove80:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM

It is an awesome device that let you slow cook food, it is a great time-saver and helpful resource! I love mine for any meat that needs time to tenderize and soups.

epoh
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I have one but don't use it frequently. I cook only specific things in it. I'm rather picky about crockpot meals.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NNB
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM

You can cook meat in it?

Quoting periwinkle163:

It is an awesome device that let you slow cook food, it is a great time-saver and helpful resource! I love mine for any meat that needs time to tenderize and soups.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)