Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Does it irritate you...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 14 Replies
When you cook a really nice meal for your family and they pick at it? I find it is rude.when they won't try things in it. My SD will NOT try anything. She saw a recipe on tv and told me "That looks like it would be good." When I told her she wouldn't eat it cause it had peas she told me she would just eat around them. Well why would I want to spend the time cooking if you wont eat it all or at least try it?

Sorry I just need to vent. I am done.
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry ;-(. It does irritate me when they do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Sorry. That's hard to deal with.

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I try to incorporate new dishes with favorites, then they have to try 3 bites before they can be excused.

Kimberly954
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM

yeah, that would irritate me too.

AmosFarkle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Mine had to eat it or starve.  No matter what, they had to try a bite of everything on their plate.  I'm the mean mom who refused to raise picky eaters.

Basherte
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM

If I know that my son doesn't like something I don't make it for him. If there was only one thing in the recipe that he wouldn't eat I would make it without that ingredient and serve up a bowl or plate of it like that then add the ingredient that he doesn't like and serve it to me and hubby.

My son has texture issues with his food. 

I don't have a problem with the picking. Especially if it's something new. If it's something that I know they like then it pisses me off.

wedding countdown

jjamom
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this
VERY irritating! It is actually how I got my two oldest, very picky kids to eat more than just chicken nuggets. I got so fed up once that I really let them have if and told them that was it, eat what I make of starve, LOL. They are still picky, but have found they like more than they ever would have been willing to try before then.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anniea90
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
We never had an option as children... we HAD TO try it. We didnt have to like it and we didnt have to eat it, but we had to TRY it.
md_1015
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM
We have done and still do this with sd. But honestly it ruins dinner. She refused to do it and by the time she does it can literally be hours later.

My mother always made me try something and if I didn't likw it that was fine and I didnt have to eat it. But I had to try atleast one bite.
md_1015
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I have textu issues with food too. So I completely understand that. I dont coom things I know she rwally doesn't like. But it is the fact she refuses to try anything and asked me to coom something she wouldn't eat anyway.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)