Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

New to group...Need help with Cooking lol

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 12 Replies

I thought this would be a good group for me to join I really dont love to cook but want my boys to be good eaters..I would like if I can get some tips and recipes on healthy food and then some yummy quick food to.. That would be super awesome

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShesALady
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not a great cook either. That's why I joined this group haha. Hopefully you'll get some good ideas!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group, I hope you find lots of great ideas!

Swittig
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM

lol I hope so I was thinking about taking some cooking classes

brvdsmom
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I enjoy cooking and do so pretty much every night. The first thing is to relax and don't stress out. ( I watch my hubby cook and he gets all twiterpated and that's when things go wrong) I have found tons of recipes on pinterest, usually I follow the recipe as posted the first time and then tweak it to our tastes.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Hi Welcome. This group is just loaded with great recipes.

AlyssaN
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Welcome. If you don't have one yet, invest in a crockpot. They're great for people who love to cook and ones who don't enjoy it as much, or are learning. Sixsisterstuff.com is a great site, Pinterest, check out cookbooks at the library. Most fish are super easy. Just drizzle with a little olive oil and salt an pepper and squeeze of lemon juice and bake or grill. Add baked potatoes or rice and a veggie/salad.
KamsOne
by Jen on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Welcome to the group! Be sure to check out the recipe forum. You'll find tons of great recipes in there.
megandwade
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I love my crock pot! It's the best when it comes to easy cooking! I make alot of casseroles too... They are quick and easy. How old are your boys? I like to make a list of all the meals I plan to make through out the month. I make sure to have some of our favorite meals on the list but add a few new things to try each month that way we dont get tired of the same thing over and over again. If something is a hit I keep it in mind to make again in later months! If your boys are old enough they might like to help you make a list like this! I've read kids are more excited to eat if they help plan the meal!

Kimberly954
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Welcome! I love cooking! I make almost all our meals at home and rarely repeat the same dish twice in a month! I am sure you will get tons of ideas here.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Lots of moms here with great ideas. Check out the Recipes forum, that's where we post our recipes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)