Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Rice

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 17 Replies

What's your favorite kind of rice-white, Jasmine, brown? How do you usually make rice? What do you usually serve it with?

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KamsOne
by Jen on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I love brown rice but don't make it often because dh and dd won't eat it.  So I usually make basmati.  I serve it with everything!  We eat rice a lot in our house.

Kimberly954
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Yellow mostly. Then white is 2nd because i can add flavor to it....like coconut or salsa.

balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM

We get brown basmati. Don't make it very often anymore. We seem to eat more barley and quinoa

jjamom
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

My favorite is risotto (if that counts).  Butternut squash, mushroom or seafood risotto!

otherwise, I usually just make plain white as a side with something like Chinese food, or rice a roni (broccoli au gratin).

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM

White cooked in chicken brooth.

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:59 PM

We dont eat many rice dishes but  I do grind it into flour to use it in my GF baking(brown, white and sushi rices most often), we prefer quinoa in places we would traditionally use rice

OliviaW.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:28 AM

We haven't been using alot of rice lately but when we did we liked to get the wild rice blends and white rice.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM

My family doesn't like brown rice either, but I tried it in fried rice, and they didn't mind that.

Quoting KamsOne:

I love brown rice but don't make it often because dh and dd won't eat it.  So I usually make basmati.  I serve it with everything!  We eat rice a lot in our house.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:34 PM

don't really eat alot of rice around here but if we do it it fried rice.

la1118
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I use jasmine rice.  About half of the time I just cook it plain and the other half I make Spanish rice.  Once in a while I will boil it in chicken broth and add cilantro.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN