Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

To add or not to add?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am making tortellini and crab Alfredo with a bread crumb/cheese topping for dinner.  I am trying to decide on a veggie and thought maybe I would add some peas to the dish.  I usually make my tortellini with peas and prosciutto in a cream sauce, so similar idea.  My kids will sometimes eat peas in a dish like this, but not alone, so I am thinking by adding them, I could make it a one-pot meal.  What do you all think, would you add them or not?  Do you think it sounds like a good mix of ingredients?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I w ould add them, since the kids eat them in a similar dish. My boys were the same way. They wouldn't eat peas alone, but would eat them in vegetable soup, tuna casserole and tortellini, shrimp & peas in cream sauce.

KamsOne
by Jen on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM

If that's the only way the kids will eat them, then by all means add them!  I would add them anyway because I love peas!  :)

jjamom
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Thanks ladies. I was thinking it sounded good, but wasn't 100% sure if it would go well. I think I will add them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by Mandy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I think if you like peas they would play well together.

Kimberly954
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM

add

jjamom
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Thanks Ladies, I added them and it was really good!  Actually they added a little sweetness and a bit of balance for the really rich flavors of all the other ingredients.  My DS did still try to pick them out, smh, but the rest of us really liked it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)