Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Almost meatless meal ideas

Posted by   + Show Post
Does anyone have any recipes or meal ideas that don't include a lot of meat/poultry? I am not against meat at all (I love it) but would like to cook less of it for health reasons and because it's expensive! I am looking for recipes that just call for a small amount of meat and more veggies, grains, beans, ect.
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Replies (11-18):
mbc324
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Refried beans, rice, salsa, cheese & raw onion rolled in a tortilla shell, you can bake these too with with salsa on top and some cheese.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I make meatless lasagna all the time.

wifeynmommie80
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Meatless is pretty simple, you can substitute meat easily with beans. I do it all the time  

I make spaghetti with squash noodles ($1 at store) instead of meat I buy a spaghetti sauce , and use broccli, cauliflower, and carrots instead of meat. the boys love it.

Wraps, OMG wraps you can put ANYTING in a tortilla, I make hummus or you can buy for cheap in the store, with feta, veggies, u name it

Vegie soup-

Also the best recipe in my home, I HAVE TO MAKE THIS ONCE A WEEK or they boys complain here is a link its meat free, you can buy the frozen veggies for 1-2 bucks - http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/easy-baked-cheese-vegetable-114693.aspx

periwinkle163
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Quoting Kimberly954:

Stuffed shells and spaghetti are pretty much our meatless meals.

That's how we are also, sometimes we also have breakfast for dinner without meat.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM

veggie tacos, lasagna roll ups, ziti, breakfast.....

redheadstar
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM

the other day i made pizza dough,  < made a calzone out of it>  and stuffed it with sauted spinach, onion, garlic and mozzerrella cheese.   I also make saurekraut calzone, I use a large can of sauerkraut, saute it in a skillet with a small onion, 2 garlic cloves and add a packet of Sazon seasoning..    but my fav is spaghetti squash, I roast it in the oven,  scoop out strands and add some tomato sauce/parm cheese to it.

Iconoclast
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Just made spicy thai noodles for lunch quick and easy
http://asmallsnippet.com/2011/03/spicy-thai-noodles.html
Added broccoli, delicious
SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Breakfast for dinner would be easy. Omelettes or biscuits and gravy or pancakes. Eggs are cheap and a good source of protein.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN