Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Left over fried chicken??

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 21 Replies

I always buy the bulk chicken legs because theyre cheaper. I fry them for dinner and we have leftovers, well my family isn't a big fan of too many things heated up the next day (fried chicken being one of them) and I usually end up wasting the leftover. Any ideas on what I could do with the meat to make something else?

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Chicken and noodles, chicken casserole
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coltinsmom7507
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Any recipes to go along with the ideas lol

OliviaW.
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry about that.
Chicken and dumplings:
1 1/2 cup flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1/4 cup milk

Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Have your chicken and broth boiling and drop in dough balls (your choice in size) and then cover. Do not remove cover for at least 20 minutes or the dumplings will not cook through.
coltinsmom7507
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Lol thank you bunches!

Quoting OliviaW.:

Sorry about that.
Chicken and dumplings:
1 1/2 cup flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1/4 cup milk

Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Have your chicken and broth boiling and drop in dough balls (your choice in size) and then cover. Do not remove cover for at least 20 minutes or the dumplings will not cook through.

OliviaW.
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Noodles:
2 1/2 cups flour
A pinch of salt
2 eggs
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup milk

Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together until dough becomes thick. Roll dough on a floured surface untilyou get your desire thicthickness. Cut to you desired length and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes. Add noodles to your boiling chicken and water (I add a cube of chicken bouillon while it's boiling). You don't add all the noodles at once but a handful at a time and don't stir but swish around. Allow to boil for about 20 to 30 minutes.
OliviaW.
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Let me find my others that I use.
OliviaW.
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Oh...the chicken things I made a few nights ago. Add chicken, cooked rice, cheese, salsa, tomatoes, black olives into tortillas and place in a baking dish and top with cheese and salsa. Bake at 350 * until cheese has melted. Serve with sour cream if desired.
coltinsmom7507
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Has anyone ever told you that you're awesome? Because you are!

Quoting OliviaW.:

Oh...the chicken things I made a few nights ago. Add chicken, cooked rice, cheese, salsa, tomatoes, black olives into tortillas and place in a baking dish and top with cheese and salsa. Bake at 350 * until cheese has melted. Serve with sour cream if desired.

OliviaW.
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Lol!
You can also make chicken roll ups the same way just add lettuce and don't bake.

Quoting coltinsmom7507:

Has anyone ever told you that you're awesome? Because you are!

Quoting OliviaW.:

OliviaW.
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Campbell's kitchen has some good recipes too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN