Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

school lunches are getting too routine

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

New to this group, Hi everyone!  school lunches are getting boring.  Need new ideas.  Tks

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Did the children say the lunches are boring or is this your opinion?   Since the weather is getting nicer, I would try to encourage more fresh fruit and veggies in their lunch.   Salads can be fun for everyone to create their own using the same greens base but one child may like carrots whereas another likes cucumbers.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I used to send my dd with crackers, cheese sticks, rolled up lunch meat, grapes, water. Now she has hot lunch every day.

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Wrap ups!

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:37 PM

can you give us an idea of what your already sending them for lunch?

Kimberly954
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Our lunches are boring too. DD always wants a PBJ.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the group! My kids like homemade lunchables, wraps, chicken nuggest, fruit kabobs, salads.....

Decemberlov
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM

We also do homemade lunchables (the store bought is absolute junk!!), salads with chicken, hard boiled eggs, pasta salad, soups, fruits & veggies, chicken ceasar wraps, egg salad sandwiches or chicken salad.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
heres a post i made a long time ago....i thought this might help you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096/forums/read/17105102/173_lunch_box_ideas_for_kids
Monkeymama930
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Our school age girl just wants lunchables all the other kids have lunchables. Lunchables are cool etc :-/ she's 9 so we try to give her choices and limit the lunchables. We do a lot of fruit all different kinds, and crackers and cheese.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by Mandy on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I like to pack a bigger variety of raw cut veggies, that way if they are bored with say carrot sticks one day they also have bell peppers and celery to choose from, usually they will eat the leftover veggies on their way home from school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)