Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

So the regulars here probably now how strongly I feel about the grossness of cauliflower, lol. However my friend made this salad and gave me some to try and it was awesome!

You chop up the broccoli and cauliflower really small, smaller than bite size. I used one bunch of broccoli and half a head of cauliflower, then you add a little shredded cheese, you can use cheddar or pepper jack, and bacon. I used the real already cooked and crumpled bacon from the salad aisle, and a tiny bit of really finely diced onion.( Even though I also hate onions I didn't mind it, but I left it out when I made it simply because I had none on hand.)

Then you toss it with a dressing made of a cup of mayo, a tablespoon of vinegar(white or apple cider) and a little sugar. She uses 1/4 cup, I just kind of eyeballed it.

Which is also the dressing my mom uses for apple-nut salad and coleslaw!

I know this sounds odd together, but if I love it and it has 2 ingredients I can't stand under normal circumstances it must be good!

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy7243
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Sounds great!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I'm glad you tried it and liked it. Most kiods who don't usually like vegetables, gobble this up.  Broccoli-cauliflower salad is really popular at my house. I often change it depending on what I have on hand, but red pepper, golden raisins and olives are really good in it.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM

interesting..

periwinkle163
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Quoting SweetLuci:

I'm glad you tried it and liked it. Most kiods who don't usually like vegetables, gobble this up.  Broccoli-cauliflower salad is really popular at my house. I often change it depending on what I have on hand, but red pepper, golden raisins and olives are really good in it.

I was skeptical at first but I knew my friend would ask how I liked it and I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I tried it, lol.

MixedCooke
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:30 AM

I love them cooked but I do NOT like them raw.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I make this occasionally and love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Interesting, sounds good.

KamsOne
by Jen on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Sounds really good!  I'm going to make it with a different dressing though cuz I don't do mayonnaise.  Maybe I'll try it this week.  Thanks for sharing!

KamsOne
by Jen on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Ooh, red peppers would be great for flavor and color!!  And of course everything is better with olives!!  :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Quoting periwinkle163:

Quoting SweetLuci:

I was skeptical at first but I knew my friend would ask how I liked it and I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I tried it, lol.

Lol. I did that with brussels sprouts, trying to be nice...and found I liked them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN