Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Recipes Link

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

The only thing missing in all of those wonderful links for recipes is a link for healthy recipes. Yes, these might be repeated across other subjects, but it would be nice for the health-conscious cookers to have one source..just a suggestion!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's because it's difficult to determine what healthy means. For one person it's gluten-free. For another it's whole grains, for another it's meat and butter, whole dairy, but  no carbs, for another it's low-fat and low calorie. For another it's vegetarian-and all the multiples catagories in that, for another it's ...and on and on.  

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:53 PM

On the righthand side of the page near the top, there's a window that says Search Group. Type in Healthy meals or healthy recipes or somthing similar and older posts will come up that are related to that.  You might find some good things there.  

KamsOne
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I agree.  What I consider healthy, a lot of people might not.    I say the best way to eat healthy is to stay away from prepackaged food and stick to homemade with fresh, nutritious ingredients.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I think it's because it's difficult to determine what healthy means. For one person it's gluten-free. For another it's whole grains, for another it's meat and butter, whole dairy, but  no carbs, for another it's low-fat and low calorie. For another it's vegetarian-and all the multiples catagories in that, for another it's ...and on and on.  

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

That is basically the way I feel, and a large variety, all things in moderation. I try to buy locally as much as possible. All that being said, I don't go spastic about some foods that might not fit into those categories. Everyone has to figure out what works for their family's budget and history (and often have to deal with hubby's peculiarities).  I don't think occasional junk is going to hurt anyone as long as their regular foods are wholesome.

Quoting KamsOne:

I agree.  What I consider healthy, a lot of people might not.    I say the best way to eat healthy is to stay away from prepackaged food and stick to homemade with fresh, nutritious ingredients.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)