Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Oatmeal Cereal

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 4 Replies

Sounds sooo much better than the icky boxed kind. I tried feeding my baby the rice cereal and it tasted nasty. This sounds better!! so I thought i would share in case anyone else had a small baby!

Oatmeal Cereal ( makes 4-6 servings ) Prep Time:1 minutes, Cook Time: 5 minutes,

Ingredients 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (aka 5 minute oats)

Preparation

1. Place oats in a food processor, pulse for 15 to 30 seconds or until finely ground.

2. Store the oat powder in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer or in a cool dark place for up to 3 months.

To make 1 serving for a 5-9 month old baby

1. Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil and sprinkle in 2 tbsp of the ground oats and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, if desired. 2. Whisk continuously for 30 seconds and then occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and creamy.* Accompaniments: * Breast milk or formula can be added to thin the mixture

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mylilprincesses
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM

yea.. that rice cereal stuff is nasty and actually has no nutritional value at all. We skip cereal all together cause its not really needed.

gmadiane
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM

thanks for sharing

Kimberly954
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Oatmeal is good for you and has a lot more nutritional value. I gave the baby some tonight and he LOVED it.

Quoting mylilprincesses:

yea.. that rice cereal stuff is nasty and actually has no nutritional value at all. We skip cereal all together cause its not really needed.

KaylaMillar
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Tfs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)