Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Food advise??? Edit

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
I just had surgery and am to eat light easy food. Any body got any good ideas or recipes? I have to eat this diet for 1-3 months! So something my kids and dh might like to would be great.

Edit- the surgury was liver,gallblader, stomach.

Here is a list of what is recommended to eat-
Sweet potatoes
Okra (i have never had)
Beets (I hate)
Green beans
Avocados
Fresh garlic and onions
Tomatoes
Grapes
Apples
Berries
Vegetable juice
Grape and apple juice

What kind of dinners can I make out of that!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kimberly954
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Light and easy....i am not real sure what that means. For us a "light" dinner would either be a salad topped with chicken or a fish and veggie night. But we are some serious carb people so we dont eat "light" often.

Monkeymama930
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Yeah they gave me a list of what I can't eat! Red meat fatty greasy foods, but not much of a list of what I can. They just said light like veggies and fruit. Well how do I make 3 months of meals out of fruit?
Kimberly954
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

summer salad: salad topped with strawberrys, almonds, mandaran oranges, feta crumbles, craisens, and baked chicken with a basil vinigarette. YUMMY.

Quoting Monkeymama930:

Yeah they gave me a list of what I can't eat! Red meat fatty greasy foods, but not much of a list of what I can. They just said light like veggies and fruit. Well how do I make 3 months of meals out of fruit?

periwinkle163
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Sounds like lots of salads are in your future!

AlyssaN
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Baked salmon with a super tiny drizzle of olive oil and black pepper with a spinach salad with sliced strawberries, pears, or mandarin oranges, red onion, candied walnuts, and a low fat raspberry vinaigrette.
Grilled chicken breast with mrs dash is good too, or baked. Rice, quinoa, black beans, etc if you can have them are lighter sides too.
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Chicken and fish, not fried or with heavy sauces would be good. Baked chicken, then pull off the skin for your portion. Only a small amount of meat for you. Broiled fish would be good. Fill your plate with steamed veggies like green beans, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower. Not a lot of spices. Baked sweet potato, baked potato, rice. Chicken & dumplings. Chicken & rice. Chicken pot pie. Soups. I'm guessing here since you didn't say what kind of surgery. Call the doctor's office and see if they can give you more information, or recommend a nutritionist. Or google "foods to eat after ------surgery".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)