Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the Group

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hi my name is Sam and I'm from Jersey. I have a 15 month old with a milk allergy and I am lactose intolerant myself. My husband loves milk and I'm having a hard time finding recipes that I can use soy milk or be completely dairy free. I'm still learning to cook and would love all the help I can get. We also have nut and sesame food allergies in the house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the group sam! 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. I just saw another post about milk allergies.

Mamalion11
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Oh yeah?
Mamalion11
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Aww thanks hun:)

Quoting KaylaMillar:

welcome to the group sam! 

KamsOne
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Hi Sam!  Welcome to the group.

I'm pretty sure you can use soy milk in place of "real" milk in most recipes.  I think only in recipes where milk is one of the main ingredients (such as pudding) would there be a noticable difference.

Mamalion11
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I have more trouble with cheese substitutes but I'm ok with the soy milk sub. I use it all of the time.

Quoting KamsOne:

Hi Sam!  Welcome to the group.

I'm pretty sure you can use soy milk in place of "real" milk in most recipes.  I think only in recipes where milk is one of the main ingredients (such as pudding) would there be a noticable difference.

AlyssaN
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. I was lactose intolerant growing up. What about using the lactose free milk? I had the Lactaid brand growing up.
My stepson and his friend really like coconut milk. Maybe look into Thai recipes since they use that. Stir fries are good, spaghetti without the cheese, BBQ chicken(baked or crockpot with sauce poured over the meat), 2-3 cans baked beans with ground beef, sausage, bacon, ham, ground turkey , or hot dogs added, KFC mashed potato bowls(cook diced chicken or popcorn chicken, a can of corn, heated, mashed potatoes, and gravy, layered).
Good luck on your quest. Maybe check out a whole foods market to see if there's any non dairy products to sub out for dairy ones that taste ok.
mylilprincesses
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

WELCOME!!!!

goddess99
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Welcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)