Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Recipe Box Challenge Day 1: Chicken!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:34 AM
  • 256 Replies
4 moms liked this

Welcome to Day 1 of the Recipe Box Challenge! Each day we'll give you a new food theme to add to our recipe box!

Your theme for today is: Chicken.

Remember, you don't have to cook something each day -- though of course we'd love to see pictures if you whip something up! You can do any of the following:

• Post a photo and include a recipe of a dish you've made in the past that fits the theme.
  • Post a photo and include a recipe you've seen online, that you'd like to try based on the theme.
  • Post a recipe based on the theme even if you don't have a photo.
  • Post a recipe and/or idea for leftovers based on the theme.

apron

Be sure to come back and check out this post when you need ideas for chicken recipes!

One member who signs up for our Recipe Box Challenge and replies to all 10 daily posts will be chosen at random to win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Recipe Box Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReniaEats
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:21 AM

This is my favorite recipe for chicken: Lemon & Dilly Chicken. Quick, simple, and delicious!

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this
My family's favorite dish is something I made from leftovers. You take a boneless breast and slice it. Then place it in a wrap with black olives, queso cheese, tomatoes, cooked rice and salsa. Fold the wrap and place it face down in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Continue to do this until the pan is full. Then top with shredded cheese and salsa and bake until the cheese is melted.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlyssaN
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:18 AM
3 moms liked this
One. Of our family favorites is Cheddar Ranch Chicken. You take 4-6 chicken breasts (I use a whole bag of tenderloins to feed all 6 of us) 1/4 c mayo(can be low fat), 1/4c sour cream(can be low fat), 1 package dry ranch mix, 1/2 c shredded cheddar.
Preheat oven to 425. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray or line with foil first, then spray for easy clean up. Place breasts in pan. Mix mayo, sour cream, cheese and ranch, and spread on breasts. Sprinkle plain breadcrumbs over top as heavy or light as you want. Spray lightly with cooking spray to help it get crunchy. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown and meat is cooked.
We like it with the Parmesan pasta roni, rice, mashed potatoes, or pasta Alfredo.
ChancesMommy07
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this

I just made this last thursday.

Amish Style Chicken and Noodles.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 15oz cans of chicken broth
1 stick of butter

24oz of frozen egg noodles (I used reames brand)

Cook the chicken, broth, soup, and butter in the crockpot on low for 6 hours. Take the chicken out and shred it. Put the chicken back in the crockpot, add the frozen egg noodles, and cook for two more hours on high. Serve over mashed potatoes.

funhappymom
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I am making chicken right now in the crockpot.

It's chicken breast and homemade italian dressing. Simple and yummy. I'll serve it on baked sweet potatoes (made in the crock pot, too) and broccoli. My ods has a ball game tonight and yds has practice so we'll eat it at the field tonight. It will be easy to transport and eat :)

4kidz916
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM

This is one we like:

Crock Pot Beer Chicken

Got some beer still left over from the 4th of July? Well this Beer Crock Pot Chicken Recipe is the perfect way to use some of it up! Just a few ingredients, plus a bottle of your favorite beer tossed into a crock pot makes some of the most delicious chicken I’ve ever tasted. It’s so simple, yet the end result is delicious. I made my Beer Crock Pot Chicken with Guinness because that is my absolute favorite beer, but any kind will work. Though I made mine using just chicken, you can also add in some veggies if you’d like. And at just 3 Points + per serving, this Weight Watchers Crock Pot Chicken Recipe is an ideal main course. Pair it with your favorite sides (I served Bacon Mashed Potatoes and a Black Bean and Corn Salad). The chicken comes out moist, delicate, and perfectly delicious. This would make a great, easy Weight Watchers Fourth of July Recipe or Super Bowl Recipe too. Enjoy!

Crock Pot Beer Chicken

A wonderful and easy Chicken Crock Pot Recipe that tastes great and has just 3 Points +. This Slow Cooker Beer Chicken also makes a great Weight Watchers Super Bowl Recipe idea.

Ingredients

• 2lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I used 8 breasts, 4oz ea)
  • 1 bottle or can of your favorite beer (I used Guinness)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper

Instructions

1. Place all ingredients in the crock pot, and cook on high for 4-5 hrs, or low for 6-8 hrs.
  2. Feel free to change out the spices and herbs and use whatever you’d like.

Preparation time: 5 minute(s)

Cooking time: 6 hour(s)

Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein

Number of servings (yield): 8

Culinary tradition: USA (General)

Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast
Each serving = 3 Points +

PER SERVING: 143 calories; 3g fat; 1.5g carbohydrates; 23g protein; 0g fiber

Read more: http://www.laaloosh.com/2012/07/09/crock-pot-beer-chicken-recipe/#ixzz2RCOIl9na
KamsOne
by Jen on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I love this chicken!  Got the recipe from allrecipes.com and it's always a hit.  People always ask for more!

The only thing I change is that I cook bacon and crumble it instead of using bacon bits.

Anniversary Chicken I

recipe image
Rated:rating
Submitted By: VICKI117
Photo By: CC♥'s2bake
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
Servings: 6
"This piquant, creamy chicken is a surprising combination of ranch dressing, bacon bits, teriyaki sauce and Cheddar cheese. The recipe is easily expanded to feed a crowd."

INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast
halves
1/2 cup teriyaki basting sauce
1/2 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for
garnish

DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned.
3.Place browned chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush with teriyaki sauce, then spoon on salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon bits.
4.Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and serve.

huntersmama711
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM
http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/19125/chicken-and-red-wine-sauce. This is a favorite in my house, at least for df and I. I use real wine, usually merlot so I *sometimes* enjoy sipping a glass while cooking it. Lol
mewebb82
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM
My husband loves my Parmesan chicken.
Dredge boneless skinless chicken breasts in mayo and then coat in a mixture of Italian breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and place in oiled baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes on 350. It's easy to alter this simple recipe by adding a little tomato sauce over the top and then serving with spaghetti or sometimes I put a slice of ham over each breast and a little more Parmesan for the last 10 minutes of baking. I also sauté this chicken sometimes in 2 tablespoons of butter, 3/4 cup dry white wine, and juice from 1/2 a lemon.
michiganmom116
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

SWISS MUSHROOM CHICKEN
4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded flat if desired
Salt, pepper and your choice of seasonings
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
4 thin slices deli ham
4 slices Swiss cheese, about 1 ounce each

Season the chicken as desired; grill or sauté till just done. Place the chicken in a large baking dish. Sauté the mushrooms in the butter until tender. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham, 1/4 of the mushrooms, then a slice of cheese. Bake at 350º for 15-20 minutes until everything is hot and the cheese is melted.

Makes 4 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 325 Calories; 15g Fat; 41g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN