Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Recipe Box Challenge Day 2: Pork!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:10 AM
  • 184 Replies
2 moms liked this

Welcome to Day 2 of the Recipe Box Challenge! Each day we'll give you a new food theme to add to our recipe box!

Your theme for today is: Pork.

Remember, you don't have to cook something each day -- though of course we'd love to see pictures if you whip something up! You can do any of the following:

• Post a photo and include a recipe of a dish you've made in the past that fits the theme.
  • Post a photo and include a recipe you've seen online, that you'd like to try based on the theme.
  • Post a recipe based on the theme even if you don't have a photo.
  • Post a recipe and/or idea for leftovers based on the theme.

apron

Be sure to come back and check out this post when you need ideas for pork recipes!

One member who signs up for our Recipe Box Challenge and replies to all 10 daily posts will be chosen at random to win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Recipe Box Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alison.collins
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:33 AM
3 moms liked this

I grew up in New Mexico and Posole with Pork was a winter tradition of ours. It's soooo yummy and if you make lots you can freeze it and heat it up through the year. Enjoy!!

http://www.santafetravelers.com/santa-fe-blogs/santa-fe-recipes-casa-chimayos-new-mexican-posole/

momofjkkc
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Tacos
Saute chopped porked (any cut, stew meat size peices), potatoes (same size as pork) some chopped oinion and garlic, 1pack of sazon per person. Cook in a covered skillet over med hi until pork and potatoes are cooked through. I throw in some frozen green beans, corn and peas at the past minute. Serve on tortillas with sour cream.
Mmmm yummy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm not a huge fan of pork, but my grandmother makes some awesome bone-in pork chops in the crock pot. 

Pork chops, cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, spices to taste.  Cook on low until the meat is falling off the bone.  We make mashed potatoes and use the liquid from the crockpot to make gravy.

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM
We're not a huge fan of pork. Normally it's in a roast but if we have chops I make southwestern chops. I serve with either mashed potatoes or baked and veggies.

http://campbellskitchen.com/recipes/recipedetails?recipeid=25907&fm=internal_search
mamamiajk
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Whenever we have leftover pork loin we slice it really thin and  dd bbq sauce to make bbq on a bun. Serve it with a sald and side of fries and we have a whole meal that everyone loves

kerryket
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Umm, pork egg fu yung from the Chinese place up the street:-D
mewebb82
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this
This is one I can't share a recipe for. We don't eat pork for religious reasons so I've never cooked it or even looked at recipes.
aidyns_mommy
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/rosemary-pork-tenderloin-recipe/index.html

I can't make this clicky (mobile) but this is my all time favorite favorite favorite pork tenderloin recipe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM

This is a favorite of mine

Hoisin-Glazed Pork Chops

Hoisin-Glazed Pork Chops

1/2
  cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
tablespoon honey
- 6 pork boneless loin chops, about 1/2 inch thick (about 1 pound)
1/2 
teaspoon garlic pepper
1/4 
teaspoon salt
1/4 
teaspoon ground ginger
  1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Mix barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, sherry and honey in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until flavors are blended.
  2. Sprinkle pork with garlic pepper, salt and ginger. Cover and grill pork 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 10 to 12 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with hoisin glaze during last 5 minutes of grilling, until pork is no longer pink in center.
  3. Heat remaining glaze to boiling; boil and stir 1 minute. Serve pork with remaining glaze.
Makes 4 - 6 servings
PEEK05
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I've actually never made this. I'm stalking this post for ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)