Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Confession!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I dread going home from work simply because I know everybody is looking to me to figure out what will make them all happy for dinner. It's not even the cooking part, just knowing we have to figure it out. I know we could plan ahead, but nobody wants to sit down and do that either. And yes, today is one of those days!

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Awe I am sorry to hear that. Maybe you can let each person in your family pick one of their favorite Crockpot meals each night ... satisfy you and them both. :)
Big_Momma_X02
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I am sorry :-(,somedays I have those days too..Planning ahead is actually a good idea though,maybe do it on a weekend it will save you money and the stress of figuring out what to cook

jjamom
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I am usually the one who figures out what we're having, based on what I know everyone likes. Once in a while I will ask for their input and then 50% of those times I get no ideas! I just usually plan it based on what I know everyone likes and once in a while someone is disappointed, oh well.
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Meal planning and a crockpot are your friends. =)

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

You plan a week's meals, post it on the refrigerator, and if anyone complains, tell them they can plan next week's meals. And if they're big enough, they can start the meal before you get home.
Crockpot meals are great. Start it in the morning, and it's done when you get home.

KamsOne
by Jen on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I hate deciding what to make every night too.  DD and DH are no help.  I ask them all the time and they never suggest anything.

Planning a menu is a pain in the a@@ and can be time consuming but it is absolutely sooooo worth it.  Just pick a day (I usually do mine on Sunday) and sit down and make one.  Used to take me an hour or two when I first started but am much quicker now.  It really will make your weeks and days so much easier.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I feel your pain.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I have those days too! I think  a lot of people do

AlyssaN
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I sit down on a Sunday and plan the weeks meals. I know what everyone likes and doesn't really like so I kinda go from there. I also look at online ads to help plan so I can use the discounts.
Maybe have everyone for 5 minutes make lists with favorite foods and least favorite(including sides). Crock pots are amazing because you could put a roast, cut up potatoes and carrots in, and voila, dinner is done. Stick with simple sides. We like the idahoan instant potatoes so I do those, baked potatoes, invest in a rice cooker and have rice, boxed au gratin potatoes, cooked egg noodles with a little olive oil and Italian seasonings, macaroni and cheese. Canned or frozen veggies are easy, plus adding salads made with dark leafy lettuce and spinach are yummy.
periwinkle163
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My favorite is when you do ask they always say whatever, or I don't care, and then you make what you want and it's the end of the world, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)