Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipe Box Challenge Day 4: Beef!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 119 Replies
1 mom liked this

Welcome to Day 4 of the Recipe Box Challenge! Each day we'll give you a new food theme to add to our recipe box!

Your theme for today is: Beef

Remember, you don't have to cook something each day -- though of course we'd love to see pictures if you whip something up! You can do any of the following:

• Post a photo and include a recipe of a dish you've made in the past that fits the theme.
  • Post a photo and include a recipe you've seen online, that you'd like to try based on the theme.
  • Post a recipe based on the theme even if you don't have a photo.
  • Post a recipe and/or idea for leftovers based on the theme.

apron

Be sure to come back and check out this post when you need ideas for beef recipes!

One member who signs up for our Recipe Box Challenge and replies to all 10 daily posts will be chosen at random to win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Recipe Box Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cadeesmommy0120
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM
We don't do a lot of beef in my house...but every once in a while I do a roast in the crock pot. 3 lb chuck roast, beef broth, potatoes (cubed), baby carrots, red onion, onion soup mix, spices to taste. Put roast in crock pot, arrange potatoes and carrots around it. pour in beef broth and soup mix, add preferred spices, cook on low for 8-10 hours, high 4-6. I add the onions about 45-60 minutes before it's done so they don't get too sloppy...
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I don't eat beef but dh likes grilling steaks, he adds mushrooms and onions. He likes it =)

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM

when we eat beef it normally for hamburger helper.

alison.collins
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

In my Persian American kitchen Lubia Polo (Green Beans Rice) is our absolute favorite go to beef dish!! While you can use stew meat we opt for ground beef.  It's a bit easier to eat for my son:) also 80/20 meat is a must or it will dry out to much.  Hope you enjoy! The recipe link is below

http://www.savorychicks.com/2012/09/lubia-polo-persian-green-bean-rice.html

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM
We eat beef a lot since we butcher our own. I'll be making cheeseburger pizza tomorrow for dinner.
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I got this recipe from Texas dr Brazil restaurant. It's really delicious at the restaurant and if you can get the right cut of meat, can be prepaared at home.

A Texas de Brazil specialty! Picanha is a cut of beef, the top part of the top sirloin sometimes called cullote or top sirloin fat cap. You can order this cut at your local butcher. Each piece weighs about 3 to 4 pounds. Ask your butcher to trim the bottom and leave the fat from the top of the cut.

List of Ingredients

3-4 lbs Picanha steak
1 C garlic
2 C vegetable oil
kosher salt

Recipe

Slice sirloin into 1-inch thick steaks. Using a blender; mix 1 cup of fresh garlic and 2 cups of vegetable oil, pulse it few times. Prepare your grill with charcoal, heat on high heat until coals are glowing. Using kosher salt, cover the meat generously. Brush the mixture of garlic and oil on the meat and place it on the grill for 3 minutes on each side or until prepared to the temperature you prefer your steaks.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup chili sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup crushed crackers
4 oz. Mexican 4 cheese blend

Topping:
1/3 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon prepared mustard

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for meatloaf, mixing well. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Press meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan, or shape into a loaf on sheet pan. Spread topping mixture over loaf. Bake approximately 50 minutes.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Balsamic Glazed Filet Mignon

2 4oz. Filet Mignon steaks

2 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste

salt to taste

1 teaspoon chopped garlic

1 Tablespoon brown sugar

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

1/2 cup dry red wine

1 Tablespoon cold butter

.I let my filets rest for an hour (helps keep the meat tender...if you apply heat to chilled meat it shocks it & causes it to toughen up).

Place garlic, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and red wine in a small saucepan. Cook about 10 minutes until recuded and syrupy.

Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over both sides of each steak, and sprinkle with salt to taste.

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and cook for 4 minutes on each side

Remove steaks to two warmed plates, add 1 tablespoon cold butter to glaze, and whisk in. Divide glaze between the two steaks, and serve immediately. Glaze can be spooned on top or served on the side.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Barbeque Cups
1 lb. ground beef, pork or turkey
1 bottle barbeque sauce
2 cans refrigerator biscuits
Shredded Cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef, drain. Return to pan and add sauce, heat through. Flatten each biscuit out and place in muffin tins, to form a cup. Spoon beef mixture into each cup. Cook about 10 minutes (check biscuit can for oven temperature, and reduce by 25 degrees). Remove from oven and add cheese. Return to oven for a couple more minutes, just to melt cheese.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Barbeque Meatloaf

1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules or 1 bouillon cube

1 tablespoon hot water

1 egg

1/2 cup quick-cooking oats

1/3 cup barbecue sauce

1/4 cup chopped onion

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon chili powder

1 ½ lbs ground beef
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Dissolve bouillon in water. Stir in egg, oats, barbecue sauce, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and chili powder. Add beef and mix well. Press into an ungreased loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Top with ketchup and brown sugar, mixed together. Bake10-15 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)