Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son has been learning how to cook since he was 3 years old. Tonight he came up to me and said.

My son: I want scrambled eggs for dinner.

Me: Oh do you?

My son: Yes, and hashbrowns

Me: Oh?

My son: And buttermilk biscuts.

Me: Oh really?

My son: Yup, really. And I'm cooking.

Me: Okay then.

I go to stand to help him and he proclaimes

My son: Don't need you mom. I'm doing this myself.

:(

Me: Well okay then. You sure?

My son: Yes.

My kitchen is a mess now, but dinner was awesome.

Mama Ajax @ Blogger

Just a little bit my life experiences.

by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Replies (11-18):
mylilprincesses
by Paula on May. 5, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow! That's awesome! Got a little chef for the future.
Basherte
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Grats!! That's awesome!!!

hugsyou rock

CafeMom Tickers
KamsOne
by Jen on May. 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!!  Good for him!  And good for you too...any night that you don't have to cook is a great night.  :)

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on May. 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
How awesome is that! WTg buddy!!'
newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww big boy. Matt just helps add and mix stuff for now, he's 2.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

awww...that is great!!!

kss12
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Live in chef! I'll take one please! How did you get him interested? My ds is 14 months and we've made cookies before but the dough ends up in his mouth or on the floor.. I know he's still young so it's ok.. But how did you introduce him to all of that?
MamaAjax
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

From the time he could sit up on the counter I had him in the kitchen with me sitting on the counter. By 2 years old I'd let him stir the spaghetti noodles and pastas. He liked that. Had a couple of burns nothing to bad, dropped a ladle in his lap on time... but yay for pants. Basically just some red marks no blisters. But then as he got older I made projects like salt dough, we'd bake it and create ornaments and such then paint them. Also I bake a lot and he liked being involved in that, and yes a lot of dough ended up in his mouth and on the floor (still have the in his mouth problem lol)

Kids are naturally helpful, they're always underfoot trying "to help" just give them the tasks they can do.

Getting in groceries, give him the loaf of bread to carry. Might get a little squished, but squished bread is well worth the encouragement in my eyes.

Basically I let my son be a mess. I have been covered in marker, splattered with eggs (when he was first learning to crack them) smeared with paint, and spent hours upon hours going behind him and cleaning up after him, but the end result has been well worth it.

Quoting kss12:

Live in chef! I'll take one please! How did you get him interested? My ds is 14 months and we've made cookies before but the dough ends up in his mouth or on the floor.. I know he's still young so it's ok.. But how did you introduce him to all of that?

Mama Ajax @ Blogger

Just a little bit my life experiences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)