Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Do you buy any groceries in bulk?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you buy any groceries in bulk?

shopping

by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Depends on what bulk is. Sometimes I buy a case of each cream of soup and canned tomato products. A lot of stuff depends on the expiration date. I would never buy mayo or salad dressing spread in bulk.

periwinkle163
by Mandy on May. 14, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Some I do, but no a lot, I don't have a lot of storage space.

OliviaW.
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:08 PM
On somethings. We butcher our own beef and pork but I buy chicken in bulk. I also get flour, sugar, fruit, cheese, and various other stuff in bulk.
lanys_mom
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM

yes, meats, bread, pasta, and school snacks mostly

grandmotherof6
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 7:22 AM

yes,  often

mamalynnsmith
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Only the staples, like four , sugar, rice noodles , dry beans, meat and tomatos for canning in the fall

lovetobemomof5
by New Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I do buy a lot in bulk, we have a big family so for us it helps. I buy rice, meat, continents, fresh fruit, eggs, cheese , pasta ect.
ReniaEats
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Only paper products, flour, and yeast. Most foods available in bulk are not worth eating.

Midnite00
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I work at a Sam's so I di buy in bulk.  I get my meat there some produce, not the ones  I can't freeze if I can't finish... I know for a fact that we get some produce staright from the farm... we had a truck driver freak out in the back because we tried down un-ripe watermelons... screaming he drove 5 hours from the farm..  I have had bad luck with those discount grocery stores on their produce... you know the ones that put that big brown spot on the #7 tray... they seems to go bad very fast.  

of course I get t-p and tissues there too... 

lovestoread0708
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM

If we had somewhere closer to us that we could buy in bulk I for sure would! The closest store, besides my local grocery store (Which is very small) is walmart and that is a 45 minute drive... I will buy some of their bulk stuff they have sometimes. Mostly though, I just buy the big container of pickles because my kids like them for snacks and they go good during the summer time with sanwiches..

If I had the choice, I for sure would, especially snack stuff, but since I don't.. No. =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)