What are some of your easy dessert recipes? Check out this easy chocolate pie recipe!
No need to add mint, or something marshmallowy, or anything fruity -- the simple deliciousness that is a chocolate pie should not be messed with. This recipe takes 15 minutes from start to finish so that in no time, you can sit back, relax, and eat yourself into a chocolate coma.
Prep time: 5 minutes. Bake time: 10 minutes. Total time: 15 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Baked pie crust or purchased crumb crust, 9-inch
- Mix cocoa and flour in top of a double boiler over hot water and whisk in about half of 1 cup of water, just enough to make a smooth paste.
- Blend in the sugar and the beaten egg yolks and add remaining water and milk.
- Cook over low until the mixture is thick; add butter and vanilla.
- Pour into baked pie crust.
- Top with whipped cream or whipped topping, or use the egg whites to make a meringue.
- Chill thoroughly and serve.
Photo via Pierre Guinoiseau/Flickr