Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some new food. I'm tired of chicken :/
Steak, beef, chicken idc lol I just need some simple recipes, nothing that takes more than two hours.
by on May. 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Replies (11-12):
SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I do a similar dish, but I sautee chopped onions along with the ground beef-and sometimes green peppers. My family likes this a lot.

Quoting AlyssaN:

Sour cream noodle bake is a huge hit too.
2lb ground beef
1lb uncooked egg noodles
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese, softened
24 oz plain tomato sauce

Brown beef and drain. Add tomato sauce to meat and heat over low. Mix sour cream and cream cheese and add to meat mixture and cook on low until all melted and thick. Cook noodles according to package and drain. Add to greased 13x9 pan. Pour meat mixture over noodles and stir to combine. Sprinkle with whatever shredded cheese you have and bake at 375 for 15 min or until hot and cheese is melted.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 15, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I make this all the time. Am tonight. I sub the beef broth for Lipton Onion soup mix and 1 cup of water. This recipes works for pork chops, chicken breasts, mushrooms. So good!

Pork Chops in Country Onion Gravy

Pork Chops in Country Onion Gravy

Betty Crocker's Heart Healthy Cookbook shares a recipe! Looking for a classic pork dinner? Then check out these browned chops served in smooth onion flavored gravy - a delightful skillet meal!

• +
    • Prep Time 10 min
    • Total Time 35 min
    • Servings 4

Ingredients

4 boneless pork loin chops (about 1 pound)
    2 cups chopped onions
    1 cup Progresso® beef broth (from 32 oz carton)
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1/3 cup fat-free (skim) milk
    2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour

• 1 Generously spray 12-­inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook pork chops in skillet about 6 minutes, turning once, until brown on both sides. Remove pork from skillet; cover to keep warm.
    • 2 Reduce heat to medium. Add onions to skillet; cook 3 minutes. Stir in broth and pepper. Return pork to skillet; spoon onion mixture over pork. Cover tightly and simmer 12 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°.
    • 3 Mix milk and flour in small bowl. Add to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)