Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help really want to surprise the husband!!??

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok I'm looking to see if anyone know how to make carne guisada I hope I spelled it right it's my husbands favorite dish and I don't know how to make it if some one could help me that would be really great also I have some other Mexican recipes I would love to learn how to make thank you
by on May. 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I have never had guisada before but found a recipe on food network that seems to have good ratings ..

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/carne-guisada-recipe/index.html

ZsMommy
Dear Cafemom...you're killing my computer's high speed with these motion ads...again
Monday at 5:24 PM
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I've never heard of it-but someone posted this some time back and sounded really yummy

Beef Barbacoa

jordynnsmommy10
by on May. 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Thank you ladies
KamsOne
by Jen on May. 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I don't know how to make it but my brother used to make it all the time.  I'll see if I can get him to tell me how he makes it.

jordynnsmommy10
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Quoting KamsOne:

I don't know how to make it but my brother used to make it all the time.  I'll see if I can get him to tell me how he makes it.

Thank you so much
periwinkle163
by Mandy on May. 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM

No idea but here's a bump for you.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on May. 14, 2013 at 11:23 PM
No idea! Here's a bump. Hope someone can help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM

This is from Eva Longoria from her cookbook Eva's Kitchen

This classic Tex-Mex stew is rich and delicious without the hours of simmering that most stews require. I cannot imagine ever eating this without Aunt Edna's Homemade Flour Tortillas to soak up every last drop of flavorful sauce.

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 medium white onion, sliced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • ½ green bell pepper, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
  • Mexican Rice, for serving
  • Refried Beans, for serving
  • Aunt Edna's Homemade Flour Tortillas, warm for serving
  • Cooking Directions

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the meat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned in spots but still a little red in the middle, about 5 minutes.

Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper and stir to combine. Add the cumin, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Stir in the tomato sauce and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with Mexican rice, refried beans, and warm tortillas.

FROM AUNT ELSA'S KITCHEN

For a thicker gravy, after cooking use a slotted spoon to transfer the meat and vegetables to a serving bowl. Combine 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour with ¼ cup water and stir until smooth. Whisk this slurry into the gravy and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes until thickened. Pour the gravy over the meat and serve.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)