Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Going Shopping and Idk what to get?! help meee

Posted by   + Show Post

ok... I am looking for some new yummy quick recipies....

Things my household doesnt eat:

fish/seafood any kind

mushrooms

that is all i can think of lol...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd GO! lol

by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Replies (21-26):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I make this often but never added chili powder before, might have to try it. Thanks!

Quoting lovestoread0708:

Another side is seasoned potato wedges...

2 tbsp oil (I use vegetable)
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp chili powder

Cut potatoes into wedges (6-8 wedges per potato)..
Toss wedges in your oil..Spread on tin foil lined cookie sheet
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, sprinkle over potatoes... .

Bak 30-35 minutes (until done) at 375

lovestoread0708
by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

And I make fried potatoes and onions at least twice a week. Normally to go with breakfast or when I mak steaks..

I cut up 4 to 5 potatoes into bite sized pieces. Cut up an onion.. Add a bunch of butter to a frying pan, put my potato chunks in there and season with seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper.. Stir it all together so potatoes are coated with butter good, add a lid and let them cook until they are done, stirring every now and then.

SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 15, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Kielbasa or smoked sausage is great to have on hand for quick meals. Slice it in rounds, add BBQ sauce and serve on buns. Saute with potatoes and onions, or with cabbage (a package of coleslaw mix is handy for this) Add it to a can of baked beans and heat in the oven on on the stovetop. 

Kimberly954
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Cubed steak - cheap and easy

Basherte
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM

reuben sammiches on the grill made like a melt, after having the sauerkraut and the meat on the skillet to heat them up some. Putting the sauerkraut in a skillet with a touch of butter, takes some of the bity away from it. 

ummm. I'm thinking.

Pizza from scratch, it's easy, fast, and delicious. You also get to choose what toppings you put on for each one. It takes yeast, so if you get  a packet of pizza yeast, it will have a recipe on the back.

oven 'fried' chicken tenders. you season some flour in one bowl, egg and milk in another bowl, then shredded cheese and panko in another bowl. dip in the seasoned flour, then the egg wash, then the cheesey panko mix. Place on a baking sheet, and bake at 375 until done. They get really crispy, and taste really yummy. And a lot healthier than fried chicken. Plus you get a little cheesy in it. I used parm for mine. Course it was closer to powdered than shredded.

Potato skins.... boil potatoes until almost done. Then allow to cool a little bit. Scoop out most of the potato and save it.  Place shredded cheddar cheese and bacon bits (or real bacon ) then bake at 450F until cheese is melted.  Use sour cream as a dip. 

CafeMom Tickers
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM

hope things will work out...I need some ideas too..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN