Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms
I've seen it on pintrest and my sil says she prefers it from the oven. Since I'm making blt grilled cheese sandwiches tonight I figure I'll give it a try.

It seems fairly simple to do. Have a cookie sheet lined with goil. Place bacon n foil (make sure jo are touching or over lapped). Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees. If the bacon is thick you'll have to drain it half way through.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-perfect-oven-bacon-107970

I'll post pictures after I'm done.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Replies (21-29):
OliviaW.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I saved the grease. In the bottom of my pan I put foil so I can pour it into something else and use it as I please.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Hm, interesting. I rarely cook bacon but when i do its because i want the grease for something else......green beans or baked beans or asparagus or something.

Basherte
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I don't see any pictures.

LOL

I tend to do mine in a skillet. I cook bacon so rarely though. Of course there are months when we go wild on the bacon. I make a lot of dishes that have bacon as an ingredient some months. Potato soup, potato skins, blt's, 

OH wow. I just realized that we had blt's recently because I was hungry for them.

CafeMom Tickers
KamsOne
by Jen on May. 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Good idea!

Quoting OliviaW.:

I used a broiler pan with rack. In the bottom of the pan I put a layer of foil down so I only have to clean the rack. It might not be the right rack but it worked.

Quoting KamsOne:

I've been wanting to try baking bacon.  But I've only ever heard of putting it on a rack, not directly onto a foil lined baking pan.  And I don't have the right rack for it.  So maybe I'll just try it on the pan.

lovestoread0708
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I always make our bacon in the oven. We eat turkey bacon, so there isn't a lot of the extra grease like regular bacon and I noticed if I cook it on top of the stove it dries out really easily.. I put mine in the oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes, gives it a nice crisp.. =)

OliviaW.
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Mobile Photo

Here's a picture. The turkey bacon I baked for 25 minutes. The regular bacon, one type was baked for 15 minutes while the dark was baked for 23 minutes.
periwinkle163
by on May. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I almost always make it that way, I hate getting popped by the grease and it comes out so much straighter.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Thanks for the idea...I've always fried it.

kdgord
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM
This is the only way I make bacon anymore
CourtneyCS
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I make it this way, I usually flip it about half way through as well. It comes out great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN