Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've seen it on pintrest and my sil says she prefers it from the oven. Since I'm making blt grilled cheese sandwiches tonight I figure I'll give it a try.

It seems fairly simple to do. Have a cookie sheet lined with goil. Place bacon n foil (make sure jo are touching or over lapped). Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees. If the bacon is thick you'll have to drain it half way through.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-perfect-oven-bacon-107970

I'll post pictures after I'm done.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Replies (21-29):
OliviaW.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I saved the grease. In the bottom of my pan I put foil so I can pour it into something else and use it as I please.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Hm, interesting. I rarely cook bacon but when i do its because i want the grease for something else......green beans or baked beans or asparagus or something.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I don't see any pictures.

LOL

I tend to do mine in a skillet. I cook bacon so rarely though. Of course there are months when we go wild on the bacon. I make a lot of dishes that have bacon as an ingredient some months. Potato soup, potato skins, blt's, 

OH wow. I just realized that we had blt's recently because I was hungry for them.

CafeMom Tickers
KamsOne
by Jen on May. 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Good idea!

Quoting OliviaW.:

I used a broiler pan with rack. In the bottom of the pan I put a layer of foil down so I only have to clean the rack. It might not be the right rack but it worked.

Quoting KamsOne:

I've been wanting to try baking bacon.  But I've only ever heard of putting it on a rack, not directly onto a foil lined baking pan.  And I don't have the right rack for it.  So maybe I'll just try it on the pan.

lovestoread0708
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I always make our bacon in the oven. We eat turkey bacon, so there isn't a lot of the extra grease like regular bacon and I noticed if I cook it on top of the stove it dries out really easily.. I put mine in the oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes, gives it a nice crisp.. =)

OliviaW.
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Mobile Photo

Here's a picture. The turkey bacon I baked for 25 minutes. The regular bacon, one type was baked for 15 minutes while the dark was baked for 23 minutes.
periwinkle163
by Mandy on May. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I almost always make it that way, I hate getting popped by the grease and it comes out so much straighter.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Thanks for the idea...I've always fried it.

kdgord
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM
This is the only way I make bacon anymore
CourtneyCS
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I make it this way, I usually flip it about half way through as well. It comes out great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)