Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

meat loaf

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:18 AM
  • 20 Replies
Need new recipes. I've been using the same one for 20 years and the boys and dh love it but I want something different. Any ideas
by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Here's mine,
1 1/2 lb hamburger
1 1/4 cup salsa
1/3 cup ketchup and mustard
1/2 package of saltine and graham crackers crushed

Combine all ingredients, form in pan and bake at 375 degrees until done,
PurpleCupcake
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:49 AM

This is my fav...I love the mozzarella in the middle...and shredding that potato for this mix makes a nice texture. You can use Brown gravy...but we like to make ketchup glaze instead (water, ketchup, brown sugar last few minutes of cooking.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Melt-Your-Mouth-Meatloaf-Antoinette-Lordo

Kimberly954
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM

i made a great one the other day, let me find it!

Kimberly954
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingredients
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
1 teaspoon mustard powder
2 pounds ground beef
3 slices bread, broken up into small pieces
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and mustard powder.
In a separate large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread, onion, egg, bouillon, remaining lemon juice and 1/3 of the ketchup mixture from the small bowl. Mix this well and place in a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, drain any excess fat, coat with remaining ketchup mixture and bake for 10 more minutes.

Kimberly954
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Also very good but i cut back on brown sugar a little....in my opinion its a little too sweet for my main course as it is

Ingredients
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining Ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on May. 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Pizza Meatloaf

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096/forums/read/17720020/Pizza_Meatloaf
momNstinks
by on May. 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Make meatloaf in a muffin pan- it cooks in 15 minutes! (Thank you Rachel Ray)

Ingredients

1 2/3 to 1 3/4 pounds ground sirloin
1 medium onion, cut into chunks
... 2 ribs celery from the heart of the stalk, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 green bell pepper
1 large egg plus a splash of milk, beaten
1 cup plain bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
1/2 cup tomato salsa
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Put ground beef into a big bowl. Put onion and celery into a food processor. Cut the bell pepper in half, rip out the seeds and throw them into your garbage bowl. Cut the pepper into a few pieces and add to the food processor. Pulse the processor blades to finely chop the vegetables into very small pieces then add them to the meat bowl. Add egg, beaten with milk, bread crumbs and grill seasoning to the bowl. Next, mix together the smoky barbecue sauce, the salsa and the Worcestershire sauce. Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix. Mix the meatloaf together with your hands. Wash up. Brush a 12-muffin tin (1/2-cup each) with vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil. Use an ice cream scoop to help you fill meat into a each tin. Top each meat loaf with a spoonful of extra sauce. Bake about 20 minutes. Cut open 1 muffin to test that the middle is cooked through
KittyGram
by on May. 16, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I adapted this from my ex-MIL's recipe (she uses torn bread pieces instead of oatmeal - I like the consistency of the oatmeal much better):

Meatloaf

2 eggs
2 lbs. ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 t dill weed
about 3/4 cup oatmeal
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup 7-up

Mix. Bake at 350 for 45 to 60 minutes.  

And last week, I made these for the first time, using a mix of very lean ground beef and ground turkey, and they're fantastic!:

Cheese-Filled Mini Meatloaves

Hungry-girl.com

12 servings.  1/12th of recipe (1 mini loaf): 137 calories, 3.5g fat, 316mg sodium, 9.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 4g sugars, 16g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
1 1/2 lb. extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like
Egg Beaters Original)
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3 sticks light string cheese, each cut into 4 pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.

Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and mushrooms until softened, 5 - 7 minutes.

Transfer veggies to a large bowl, and blot away excess moisture. Add all remaining ingredients except string cheese. Mix thoroughly with your hands.

Evenly distribute meat mixture among the muffin cups. Press a piece of string cheese into the center of each cup, and enclose it within the meat mixture. Bake until firm with lightly browned edges, 20 - 25 minutes.

zadesmom1998
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Thank you very much ladies~ The men in my life will be very surprised. I'm going to start cooking now.

Kimberly954
by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I dont use a muffin pan but do something similar a lot of times. I just make them into dinner roll size and put them on a baking sheet.

Quoting momNstinks:

Make meatloaf in a muffin pan- it cooks in 15 minutes! (Thank you Rachel Ray)

Ingredients

1 2/3 to 1 3/4 pounds ground sirloin
1 medium onion, cut into chunks
... 2 ribs celery from the heart of the stalk, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 green bell pepper
1 large egg plus a splash of milk, beaten
1 cup plain bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
1/2 cup tomato salsa
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Put ground beef into a big bowl. Put onion and celery into a food processor. Cut the bell pepper in half, rip out the seeds and throw them into your garbage bowl. Cut the pepper into a few pieces and add to the food processor. Pulse the processor blades to finely chop the vegetables into very small pieces then add them to the meat bowl. Add egg, beaten with milk, bread crumbs and grill seasoning to the bowl. Next, mix together the smoky barbecue sauce, the salsa and the Worcestershire sauce. Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix. Mix the meatloaf together with your hands. Wash up. Brush a 12-muffin tin (1/2-cup each) with vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil. Use an ice cream scoop to help you fill meat into a each tin. Top each meat loaf with a spoonful of extra sauce. Bake about 20 minutes. Cut open 1 muffin to test that the middle is cooked through

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)