Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pot luck ideas for kids

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 23 Replies
My daughters have a pot luck dinner tonight with their cast and crew between plays. I usually bring mini pigs in a blankets but I will be at the first show so I won't be able to cook them and get them there in time. If I make them ahead of time they will be cold. Any ideas on something I can make ahead of time that doesn't need to stay warm? It needs to be kid friendly. Thanks!

Wow, I got featured! Not sure how since there's not too many responses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nataliemaddymom
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 9:38 AM
You could make them and keep them warm in a crockpot, my mom has done it before and it worked well.
kblpooh
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I wondered about that. Was worried they would get soggy or something.

Quoting nataliemaddymom:

You could make them and keep them warm in a crockpot, my mom has done it before and it worked well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree, crockpot.

SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

If you don't have a rack to place in your crockpot, scrunch up a large sheet of aluminum foil, put it on the bottom, then put the pigs in blankets on top of that.

SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Pinwheel sandwiches go over great with kids or finger sandwiches, some cut in four squares, some cut to form four triangles, some sliced into 3 rectangles-"fingers"

mylilprincesses
by Paula on May. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Fingers food is first what came to mind. . Sandwiches, chips, peanut butter celery. You could as someone suggested and take your crockpot an make sloppy Joes, pulled pork.. or Chili dog's..
Kimberly954
by Kim on May. 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Mini sandwiches - PBJ, turkey and cheese....cut sandwiches into quarters.

kblpooh
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Wish I had seen this before. I did use crock pot but not the foil. will definitely use that trick next time. Thanks for the idea.

Quoting SweetLuci:

If you don't have a rack to place in your crockpot, scrunch up a large sheet of aluminum foil, put it on the bottom, then put the pigs in blankets on top of that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I thought about doing sandwiches, but ended up doing the pigs in a blanket because my girls wanted me to make them. Maybe next time.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Mini sandwiches - PBJ, turkey and cheese....cut sandwiches into quarters.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I will keep them from getting soggy.

Quoting kblpooh:

Wish I had seen this before. I did use crock pot but not the foil. will definitely use that trick next time. Thanks for the idea.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)