Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Copy-Cat Sweet Pepper Jalapeno Jam? (Updated!)

SlightlyPerfect
Do people parent anymore? Do they even attempt to engage their child(ren)?
Today at 7:37 PM
Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 5 Replies

I've wanted to recreate Tastefully Simple's Sweet Pepper Jalapeno Jam for the longest time. And today my neighbor gave me a pound of jalapenos from his garden! I've Googled. Can't find much. Any suggestions on this copy-cat jam?

Actually, I found this recipe. I think I'll try it.

slightlyperfect

by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kimberly954
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I would LOVE to try making jam but it scares me a bit. Well, the only part that scares me is the canning portion.

SlightlyPerfect
Do people parent anymore? Do they even attempt to engage their child(ren)?
Today at 7:37 PM
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I watched a few videos online. It seems really easy as long as the jars are warm before you add the hot liquid. I'm gonna make this will DD, so we'll take some pics.

Quoting Kimberly954:

I would LOVE to try making jam but it scares me a bit. Well, the only part that scares me is the canning portion.

slightlyperfect

Kimberly954
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I just pulled a berry freezer jam recipe i was thinking about trying. I know canning is about putting the jar in boiling water but people i know that can have some kind of canner contraption.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I watched a few videos online. It seems really easy as long as the jars are warm before you add the hot liquid. I'm gonna make this will DD, so we'll take some pics.

Quoting Kimberly954:

jjamom
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Quoting Kimberly954:

Same here! My Mom did some canning when I was a kid, but I didn't pay much attention... :/
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on May. 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM
i'll have to try that recipe. It looks great!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)