Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smoked Sausage

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 48 Replies

my husband loves for me to make smoked sausage often.. and i normally just cut it up into slices and toss in the pan till black around the edges.. then add some baked beans too it. i want to make something new.. any ideas..

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/abbienkatelyn/

by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by Kim on May. 21, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I havent made it since i was pregnant the first time and got sick from it. lol The only time i got sick my whole pregnancy. I used to put the whole thing in a pan with a little water and simmer it and serve it with sauerkraut.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on May. 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM

not a fan of sauerkraut..

Quoting Kimberly954:

I havent made it since i was pregnant the first time and got sick from it. lol The only time i got sick my whole pregnancy. I used to put the whole thing in a pan with a little water and simmer it and serve it with sauerkraut.

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:19 PM

There's tons of stuff you can do with smoked sausage. Toss it with some pasta and Parmesan cheese, jambalaya, on a bun like a hot dog.

This is a great recipe: slice it and put it a pan with one can of beer and a BBQ sauce. Simmer until sauce is thick. I would serve it with roasted potatoes or baked potatoes. 

~~CINDY

jjamom
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM
3 moms liked this

I make mine the same way (browning it in a skillet until crispy), but I usually make sliced, sauteed bell peppers and onions with it.

jjamom
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I also sometimes make it browned in a skillet and served with eggs and hashbrowns.

caro100
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I cut it into 1/2 inch slices,put it in a skillet with a little oil, and onions, peppers, and I also put in sliced potatoes, salt and pepper to taste.  It is really good.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on May. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
that sounds good.

Quoting jjamom:

I make mine the same way (browning it in a skillet until crispy), but I usually make sliced, sauteed bell peppers and onions with it.

soontobemommie3
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I sauté mine with a little evoo and onions and bell peppers. We serve it over brown basmati rice.
kss12
by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I tried something new a few weeks ago and it went over really well..
Smoked sausage, pasta, Italian dressing, mixed veggies, peppers and onions. Was delish!
KamsOne
by Jen on May. 21, 2013 at 4:17 PM

This sounds really good!

Quoting kss12:

I tried something new a few weeks ago and it went over really well..
Smoked sausage, pasta, Italian dressing, mixed veggies, peppers and onions. Was delish!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)