Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

**UPDATED WITH COUPON** How do you liven up some of your favorite foods?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 63 Replies

Check out this great coupon for a Tajín 5oz bottle here to take the taste of your fruits & veggies to a new level!

Pronounced TA-HEEN, Tajín is a well balanced blend of three simple ingredients: dried chili peppers, sea salt and dehydrated lime in powder formulation. Tajín is used primarily to season fruits and vegetables, an authentic cultural tradition in Mexico and other countries in Latin America. 

Tell us how do you liven up some of your favorite foods?

We can't wait to hear from you!  

**The CafeMom Team

We gave five moms two bottles of Tajín, an apron, some Tajín recipes and a $25 gift card to try the recipes.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kloesmommy
1 mom liked this
Just got my tajin today and the first thing my husband did was dump some in his beer- sounds crazy but he swore it was what this seasoning was made for. Within 5 minutes he had the neighbor guys drinking it in theirs. We dumped some on some tortilla chips and my daughter and the 4 neighbor girls went to town. Going to try some new recipes tomorrow night.
rhiannonaisling
1 mom liked this

I didn't realize what this spice, Tajin, was at first.

I used to eat a homemade version of this as a child on almost all of my fruits and vegetables (when I was at my dad's parents). I have been looking for something like this for years! I am sooo thrilled to have found Tajin. My kids love it (even the ones that don't like spicier foods). I got a ton of fruits and veggies (broccoli, grape tomatos, cucumber, carrots, oranges, cantaloupe, and celery) and cut them up with my youngest who loves his new apron (the apron didn't fit me) and then we sprinkled on low sodium Tajin (except for the cantaloupe which I used original Tajin on).

I am planning to make tuna patato cakes with Tajin tomorrow and I added it to some leftover chicken soup today that I will be eating for lunch tomorrow.

I think because of nostalgia that I definitely prefer the fruits and vegetables with Tajin.

rhiannonaisling
1 mom liked this

It is extremely important to me that my children eat healthy foods because they have very high metabolism and therefore a high calorie diet. I don't use a lot of chile seasonings because many either use bell pepper (to which I am allergic) or that my oldest and youngset child do not care for spicy foods. Tajin is a wonderful spice that perfectly complemented vegetables and fruits. I am planning to try one of the recipes tomorrow (the tuna potato pancakes with Tajin) but I love it on fruits and vegetables. I love Tajin seasonings! Tajin is soooo versatile. I strongly recommend Tajin to anyone and will continue to do so so long as they maintain their quality! I will definitely be purchasing more in the future.  

And without further ado here is the video...

kloesmommy
1 mom liked this
I didn't plan to use the tajin with dinner last night because it was already prepared (steaks marinating) but after getting a taste for it in his beer and on the chips the kids were eating, my husband and daughter ran with it. I ended up putting it on our corn on the cob (which my daughter LOVED- she usually puts a little cayenne pepper on it so this had a twist. Just not spicy). With our salad, my husband dumped the tajin on and ended up skipping the dressing- which is rare for him. We have several fruits and/or veggies with every meal because I insist that my daughter eat as much fruits/veggies as she does meats and grains. She loved the cucumbers in my husbands salad with the tajin on it. After dinner I got curious about adding this stuff to fruits so I cut up some apples, nectarines, and mangos and added a liberal amount of tajin- both my husband and daughter ate the whole plate (my daughter went crazy for the mangos- my husband is allergic so he and I didn't eat any so I can't vouch for the flavor, but my 5 year old ate a whole mango to herself so it must've been great.

Overall the tajin was a hit in my house. My husband grew up in Southern California so apparently this chile/lime flavor combination is one he used growing up. So he was thrilled to see it in our house.
weberbaby

We got our package last night, yay!  We tasted the seasoning by itself and are all excited to try it out!  We will be using it on some leftover fruit today and dinner tonight.

mamalusbear

I really liked the flavor of Tajin on my fruits and veggies, but my son was not so crazy about it.  It is very important to me that my kids eat lots of fruits and veggies.  I always use a lot of chili seasoning on the foods I prepare.  I tried the cucumber water, but added Tajin to my chili recipe.  The seasonings were wonderful.  Tajin is great in a variety of foods, from fruits to water to main meals.  I've already reccomended Tajin to my family, my father is using it in his oatmeal LOL.  I would definitely purchase Tajin in the future.

rhiannonaisling
2 moms liked this

I made the most awesome taco seasoning that I have ever had using Tajin as a base.

Tajin Taco Seasoning

4 tbsp Low Sodium Tajin

6 tsp Garlic Powder

4 tsp Cumin, ground

3 tsp White Pepper

1.5 tsp Dried Oregano

1 tsp Onion Powder

1 tsp Salt

Place all ingredients in an airtight container and shake it up to mix together thouroughly. Brown and drain your meat and use 2-3 tablespoons of mix and a 1/2 cup of water per pound of meat then simmer until all the water is gone.

It is slightly on the spicy side...if you want less spice then use less of the white pepper, Tajin, and garlic when making the mix.

Madelaine
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Thanks!

GwenMB
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM

We usually just use a little salt & pepper - but this looks worth a try!

KamsOne
by Jen on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Is it really spicy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN