Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

**UPDATED WITH COUPON** How do you liven up some of your favorite foods?

Posted by   + Show Post

Check out this great coupon for a Tajín 5oz bottle here to take the taste of your fruits & veggies to a new level!

Pronounced TA-HEEN, Tajín is a well balanced blend of three simple ingredients: dried chili peppers, sea salt and dehydrated lime in powder formulation. Tajín is used primarily to season fruits and vegetables, an authentic cultural tradition in Mexico and other countries in Latin America. 

Tell us how do you liven up some of your favorite foods?

We can't wait to hear from you!  

**The CafeMom Team

We gave five moms two bottles of Tajín, an apron, some Tajín recipes and a $25 gift card to try the recipes.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
KamsOne
by Jen on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM

What a great idea to add it to taco seasoning.  Wouldn't have thought of that.

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I made the most awesome taco seasoning that I have ever had using Tajin as a base.

Tajin Taco Seasoning

4 tbsp Low Sodium Tajin

6 tsp Garlic Powder

4 tsp Cumin, ground

3 tsp White Pepper

1.5 tsp Dried Oregano

1 tsp Onion Powder

1 tsp Salt

Place all ingredients in an airtight container and shake it up to mix together thouroughly. Brown and drain your meat and use 2-3 tablespoons of mix and a 1/2 cup of water per pound of meat then simmer until all the water is gone.

It is slightly on the spicy side...if you want less spice then use less of the white pepper, Tajin, and garlic when making the mix.

Wish2Be
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:17 PM

How expensive is it?

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Never heard of this spice before
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I like to use spices when I cook : )

I've never tried this one

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Wow your food looks amazing!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I didn't realize what this spice, Tajin, was at first.

I used to eat a homemade version of this as a child on almost all of my fruits and vegetables (when I was at my dad's parents). I have been looking for something like this for years! I am sooo thrilled to have found Tajin. My kids love it (even the ones that don't like spicier foods). I got a ton of fruits and veggies (broccoli, grape tomatos, cucumber, carrots, oranges, cantaloupe, and celery) and cut them up with my youngest who loves his new apron (the apron didn't fit me) and then we sprinkled on low sodium Tajin (except for the cantaloupe which I used original Tajin on).

I am planning to make tuna patato cakes with Tajin tomorrow and I added it to some leftover chicken soup today that I will be eating for lunch tomorrow.

I think because of nostalgia that I definitely prefer the fruits and vegetables with Tajin.

rhiannonaisling
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Thanks.

Quoting goddess99:

Wow your food looks amazing!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I didn't realize what this spice, Tajin, was at first.

I used to eat a homemade version of this as a child on almost all of my fruits and vegetables (when I was at my dad's parents). I have been looking for something like this for years! I am sooo thrilled to have found Tajin. My kids love it (even the ones that don't like spicier foods). I got a ton of fruits and veggies (broccoli, grape tomatos, cucumber, carrots, oranges, cantaloupe, and celery) and cut them up with my youngest who loves his new apron (the apron didn't fit me) and then we sprinkled on low sodium Tajin (except for the cantaloupe which I used original Tajin on).

I am planning to make tuna patato cakes with Tajin tomorrow and I added it to some leftover chicken soup today that I will be eating for lunch tomorrow.

I think because of nostalgia that I definitely prefer the fruits and vegetables with Tajin.

rhiannonaisling
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Thanks. It was easy and super tasty and I have plenty left over for tacos next month (tacos are a monthly food for my family because I love them...even if dh isn't as fond of them.)

Quoting KamsOne:

What a great idea to add it to taco seasoning.  Wouldn't have thought of that.

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I made the most awesome taco seasoning that I have ever had using Tajin as a base.

Tajin Taco Seasoning

4 tbsp Low Sodium Tajin

6 tsp Garlic Powder

4 tsp Cumin, ground

3 tsp White Pepper

1.5 tsp Dried Oregano

1 tsp Onion Powder

1 tsp Salt

Place all ingredients in an airtight container and shake it up to mix together thouroughly. Brown and drain your meat and use 2-3 tablespoons of mix and a 1/2 cup of water per pound of meat then simmer until all the water is gone.

It is slightly on the spicy side...if you want less spice then use less of the white pepper, Tajin, and garlic when making the mix.

timon95
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM

ds loves garlic, so i try to use garlic a lot when i cook. i am the only one in my family that likes spicy food. i like to ass spicy seasoning to my food from time to time. i have acid reflux, so i cannot enjoy it all that much.

.Angelica.
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM

sounds interesting

Bob192
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:24 AM

I like to use salsa, this sounds like something I should try!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)