Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

**UPDATED WITH COUPON** How do you liven up some of your favorite foods?

Posted by   + Show Post

Check out this great coupon for a Tajín 5oz bottle here to take the taste of your fruits & veggies to a new level!

Pronounced TA-HEEN, Tajín is a well balanced blend of three simple ingredients: dried chili peppers, sea salt and dehydrated lime in powder formulation. Tajín is used primarily to season fruits and vegetables, an authentic cultural tradition in Mexico and other countries in Latin America. 

Tell us how do you liven up some of your favorite foods?

We can't wait to hear from you!  

**The CafeMom Team

We gave five moms two bottles of Tajín, an apron, some Tajín recipes and a $25 gift card to try the recipes.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Replies (31-40):
Miranda1127
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM

your kid is adorable...so expressive...LOVE it!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I didn't realize what this spice, Tajin, was at first.

I used to eat a homemade version of this as a child on almost all of my fruits and vegetables (when I was at my dad's parents). I have been looking for something like this for years! I am sooo thrilled to have found Tajin. My kids love it (even the ones that don't like spicier foods). I got a ton of fruits and veggies (broccoli, grape tomatos, cucumber, carrots, oranges, cantaloupe, and celery) and cut them up with my youngest who loves his new apron (the apron didn't fit me) and then we sprinkled on low sodium Tajin (except for the cantaloupe which I used original Tajin on).

I am planning to make tuna patato cakes with Tajin tomorrow and I added it to some leftover chicken soup today that I will be eating for lunch tomorrow.

I think because of nostalgia that I definitely prefer the fruits and vegetables with Tajin.

kloesmommy
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm guessing it was cause between the 5 of them, they killed a while bottle of this stuff
ETA not in one night- but in less than two weeks we've gone through the whole low sodium bottle and half of the other one- but I'd say at least 2/3 was used on beer. Dh also put some on burgers one night and it was pretty awesome.

Quoting sukainah:Must have been r7TXV-6L3MZR-U69Veally good in the beer!Quoting kloesmommy:Just got my tajin today and the first thing my husband did was dump some in his beer- sounds crazy but he swore it was what this seasoning was made for. Within 5 minutes he had the neighbor guys drinking it in theirs. We dumped some on some tortilla chips and my daughter and the 4 neighbor girls went to town. Going to try some new recipes tomorrow night.
rhiannonaisling
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Thank you.

Quoting Miranda1127:

your kid is adorable...so expressive...LOVE it!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I used to eat a homemade version of this as a child on almost all of my fruits and vegetables (when I was at my dad's parents). I have been looking for something like this for years! I am sooo thrilled to have found Tajin. My kids love it (even the ones that don't like spicier foods). I got a ton of fruits and veggies (broccoli, grape tomatos, cucumber, carrots, oranges, cantaloupe, and celery) and cut them up with my youngest who loves his new apron (the apron didn't fit me) and then we sprinkled on low sodium Tajin (except for the cantaloupe which I used original Tajin on).

I am planning to make tuna patato cakes with Tajin tomorrow and I added it to some leftover chicken soup today that I will be eating for lunch tomorrow.

I think because of nostalgia that I definitely prefer the fruits and vegetables with Tajin.

Charizma77
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:53 PM

My hubby would love this!

Rushn311
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I've never heard of this before. I just use seasoned salt, pepper and salt, garlic powder

countrygirlkat
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I need to get some for my DH to try in his beer too. He likes the lime salt in his beer so I am sure he would love this one even more!
Quoting kloesmommy:

Just got my tajin today and the first thing my husband did was dump some in his beer- sounds crazy but he swore it was what this seasoning was made for. Within 5 minutes he had the neighbor guys drinking it in theirs. We dumped some on some tortilla chips and my daughter and the 4 neighbor girls went to town. Going to try some new recipes tomorrow night.
momofjkkc
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Dh uses it. Its a great substitute for his Tapitío. He is the only one in the house that eats spicy food so he likes to put it on every thing. He just didn't care for the paste style. We first discovered it during our last trip to Mexico and brought back a huge bottle. Dh and both sd downed it in a week.
4kidz916
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I'd first try it on chicken.  I'm sure it's good on veggies too.  Not so sure about trying it on fruit.

Samanthamommy
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM

yum!

alliesmom112
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM

looks yummy

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)