Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie.

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi, I'm new to this group.
I'm 22 with a 2 year old, a hubby of 5 years (in oct), 2 spoiled pets and a fish..I'm always trying to find somethihng new for us all.. besides the fish. I love pinterest and try to incorporate at least 1 new meal a week if not everyday. 

I love cooking, especially foods that are healthy, clean and dairy free. I am always looking or finding alternatives to the "everyday foods". I can't wait to share and learn from everyone else. I recently started to blog about my food endeavors also, since they sometimes tend to be a little different than the everyday cookie, pasta or soup and so on. 

My little guy and I are both lactose intolerant and we beleive be might actually be allergic to milk in general so I am always changing something and experimenting. It is actually pretty exciting whenI make something new and it comes out good, I love when my hubby says "wow, that was pretty good. Make it again!" 

If you are interested in my blog let me know!!

by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goddess99
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Welcome!! I'd be interested in your blog, I'm going vegan and having a hard time giving up cheese mostly because I haven't found a good alternative. So I'd love to read what you're doing.

PeppyInPink
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:15 PM

http://lemonsloveandpink.wordpress.com/ 
Here is my blog. It's newer for me so don't be too prepared for amazing-ness! Lol.

My hubby went vegitarian for weight loss and it worked. I cooked that way for the entire family because I wanted to and I liked it and wanted to support him.. now it can be very easy if you look at it with an open mind and are ready to cook all types of things! Get excited about it, about the challenge that others don't have to do but you do for yourself!  Oh and use pinterest!! 

Since we don't use traditional cheese often I really focused on getting one we liked.. it's an allergy thing for us too so we did focus much on it. I would focus on a few things very important to you that you will want to have and go from there. 
As for cheeses, Go Veggie is very yummy we buy that most and Diya isn't bad when melted, almond and rice cheeses are good too we buy the almond cheese second most. 
Now, I saw on your blog you have soy milk, it is great but when you cook it on the stove top at least.. it tends to get thick and I think it smells like pancakes. Or maybe it's just me. Lol I don't cook things that need milk in them on the stove top anymore or I use something I think might work. It's all experimenting sometimes.  

I still like to cook with little meat as it's a health choice for my family that I made, actually after doing the vegetarian meals for over a month I didn't want red meats anymore. It just happened that way. Now we are what I call flexitarians. we eat meat a few times a week but it isn't something we need to have at every meal. Also veggie hamburgers are pretty good, the only veggie hot dogs I like I cannot think of the name right now, but whole foods has a yummy sausage option. I also like the brand target carries called gardein .. I do not like kroger brand veggie dogs or meat crumbles. 
I have altered things like lasagna, potato and sausage soup, beans and rice, tacos and more.  

Substituting veggies for meat can be done, in lasagna I put sauteed zucchini .. I also put it in my spaghetti to simply beefen it up and add taste. (the spaghetti is on my blog) 

When it comes to creamy things I use avocado a lot, I love the poop out of avocado & it is so good for you! 
I use it as chip dip with corn chips..just plain or with diced tomatoes 

Can you plant a garden?  We have a townhouse but I created a tiny potted garden of tomatoes, pepper and berries, I use it as motivation to eat cleaner. 

If you have any questions for substituting foods feel free to message me anytime. I love to share the things we have learned because it doesn't always make sense or who would have known something with "that" taste good. :)

Wow, this has gotten long, sorry. Feel free to ask any questions.  

Quoting goddess99:

Welcome!! I'd be interested in your blog, I'm going vegan and having a hard time giving up cheese mostly because I haven't found a good alternative. So I'd love to read what you're doing.

mylilprincesses
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Welcome to the group!

goddess99
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I have a black thumb so a garden wouldn't fair well with me. I'll look for almond cheese, I try to look for something new weekly. I have found some great foods I really love but cheese has been the hardest. I really just need to find a mozzarella or Parmesan type that melts well and tastes good and I'll be set lol. I've never cooked with the soy milk, recipes that call for milk or eggs I've pretty much just thrown out lately. I'll definitely check out your blog. Thank you!!

Quoting PeppyInPink:

http://lemonsloveandpink.wordpress.com/ 
Here is my blog. It's newer for me so don't be too prepared for amazing-ness! Lol.

My hubby went vegitarian for weight loss and it worked. I cooked that way for the entire family because I wanted to and I liked it and wanted to support him.. now it can be very easy if you look at it with an open mind and are ready to cook all types of things! Get excited about it, about the challenge that others don't have to do but you do for yourself!  Oh and use pinterest!! 

Since we don't use traditional cheese often I really focused on getting one we liked.. it's an allergy thing for us too so we did focus much on it. I would focus on a few things very important to you that you will want to have and go from there. 
As for cheeses, Go Veggie is very yummy we buy that most and Diya isn't bad when melted, almond and rice cheeses are good too we buy the almond cheese second most. 
Now, I saw on your blog you have soy milk, it is great but when you cook it on the stove top at least.. it tends to get thick and I think it smells like pancakes. Or maybe it's just me. Lol I don't cook things that need milk in them on the stove top anymore or I use something I think might work. It's all experimenting sometimes.  

I still like to cook with little meat as it's a health choice for my family that I made, actually after doing the vegetarian meals for over a month I didn't want red meats anymore. It just happened that way. Now we are what I call flexitarians. we eat meat a few times a week but it isn't something we need to have at every meal. Also veggie hamburgers are pretty good, the only veggie hot dogs I like I cannot think of the name right now, but whole foods has a yummy sausage option. I also like the brand target carries called gardein .. I do not like kroger brand veggie dogs or meat crumbles. 
I have altered things like lasagna, potato and sausage soup, beans and rice, tacos and more.  

Substituting veggies for meat can be done, in lasagna I put sauteed zucchini .. I also put it in my spaghetti to simply beefen it up and add taste. (the spaghetti is on my blog) 

When it comes to creamy things I use avocado a lot, I love the poop out of avocado & it is so good for you! 
I use it as chip dip with corn chips..just plain or with diced tomatoes 

Can you plant a garden?  We have a townhouse but I created a tiny potted garden of tomatoes, pepper and berries, I use it as motivation to eat cleaner. 

If you have any questions for substituting foods feel free to message me anytime. I love to share the things we have learned because it doesn't always make sense or who would have known something with "that" taste good. :)

Wow, this has gotten long, sorry. Feel free to ask any questions.  

Quoting goddess99:

PeppyInPink
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, don't throw those out! You can still make them :) 
You can use egg subtitue or flaxseed flour for egg
A lot of research has told me this. My little guy was almost diagnosed with an egg allergy and I was all about making sure he could still eat those foods. It's so possible.
I love cheese also and hubby is not interested in many alternatives but he likes Go Veggie. We get mozzerella the most. You'll figure it out, just have fun with it.  

Quoting goddess99:

I have a black thumb so a garden wouldn't fair well with me. I'll look for almond cheese, I try to look for something new weekly. I have found some great foods I really love but cheese has been the hardest. I really just need to find a mozzarella or Parmesan type that melts well and tastes good and I'll be set lol. I've never cooked with the soy milk, recipes that call for milk or eggs I've pretty much just thrown out lately. I'll definitely check out your blog. Thank you!

goddess99
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Thanks =)

Quoting PeppyInPink:

Oh, don't throw those out! You can still make them :) 
You can use egg subtitue or flaxseed flour for egg
A lot of research has told me this. My little guy was almost diagnosed with an egg allergy and I was all about making sure he could still eat those foods. It's so possible.
I love cheese also and hubby is not interested in many alternatives but he likes Go Veggie. We get mozzerella the most. You'll figure it out, just have fun with it.  

Quoting goddess99:

I have a black thumb so a garden wouldn't fair well with me. I'll look for almond cheese, I try to look for something new weekly. I have found some great foods I really love but cheese has been the hardest. I really just need to find a mozzarella or Parmesan type that melts well and tastes good and I'll be set lol. I've never cooked with the soy milk, recipes that call for milk or eggs I've pretty much just thrown out lately. I'll definitely check out your blog. Thank you!

KamsOne
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Welcome to the group!!  I also love it when hubby comments positively on new dishes.  Makes me feel like I did something right.  :)

Quoting PeppyInPink:

Hi, I'm new to this group.
I'm 22 with a 2 year old, a hubby of 5 years (in oct), 2 spoiled pets and a fish..I'm always trying to find somethihng new for us all.. besides the fish. I love pinterest and try to incorporate at least 1 new meal a week if not everyday. 

I love cooking, especially foods that are healthy, clean and dairy free. I am always looking or finding alternatives to the "everyday foods". I can't wait to share and learn from everyone else. I recently started to blog about my food endeavors also, since they sometimes tend to be a little different than the everyday cookie, pasta or soup and so on. 

My little guy and I are both lactose intolerant and we beleive be might actually be allergic to milk in general so I am always changing something and experimenting. It is actually pretty exciting whenI make something new and it comes out good, I love when my hubby says "wow, that was pretty good. Make it again!" 

If you are interested in my blog let me know!!

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM

WELCOME!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)