Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Tired of the same meals every week......

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm looking for some good ideas for breakfast, lunch, and supper. I find myself cooking the same things all the time. My Kitchen needs a change. Please share with me.

My kids are 9,6, and 20m. 

by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM

There are a ton of good recipes in this group and I find alot on Pinterest too. Just gather some up and try some new things. Hope you find something everyone likes.

AlyssaN
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM
What do you usually make for the meals? For breakfast, I pinned a website for making freezer breakfast burritos and sandwiches. I also use Paula Deen's recipe for sausage balls. It's basically bisquick, sausage, and shredded cheddar mixed together and baked. Goes great with eggs and fruit. French toast casseroles are fun, as is coffee cake with fruit.
Lunches I usually do sandwiches, or spread cream cheese on flour tortillas and put in your favorite lunch meat, veggies, and cheese and wrap and cut into pinwheels. Cut up veggies and dip in ranch or hummus.
Pulled pork sandwiches make a great dinner. Once a month or so, do chicken nuggets or hamburgers and fries, all of which can be homemade too.
KittyGram
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM

This group alone has tons and tons of ideas!!!!  But there's also the world wide web - it's a big place!!!!  

About a year and a half ago, I was in a rut myself (I live by myself - I'm single, and my daughter is all grown up with 3 kids of her own), and I was just bored out of my skull with cooking.  My sister "challenged" me to try one new recipe a month.  I took that challenge, and then some!  I've found tons of new, fantastic recipes, just by browsing the web.

Start by writing out a list of types of meals - meaning, "chicken", "beef", "pork", "seafood", "meatless" (those are my own choices, revise it as you need).  Then start by browsing thru the recipes right here in this group, and find just one that fits into each of your categories.  The people here share their tried-and-true recipes (well, I do, and I'm just assuming everyone else does, too!!!!).  Make a few of them, and then come back and look for more.  And then start surfing the web.  There are tons of foodie blogs out there - start with one like http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/

In your searches, you're going to find some that you will make forever and ever, and you'll find some that are good, but you don't like them enough to make them again.   

periwinkle163
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Definitely look through the recipes forum here, I also use allrecipes.com a ton.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I hear ya.. follow my pinterest tons of ideas on there.

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/abbienkatelyn/

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM

the part in red.....thats what i do each week. I make my menu with one night chicken, one pork, one beef, one seafood, one pasta, and then mix it up on weekends, i usually make my dh grill something, steak, burgers, fish, whatever, and one night we usually have clean out the fridge leftovers or go out.

Quoting KittyGram:

This group alone has tons and tons of ideas!!!!  But there's also the world wide web - it's a big place!!!!  

About a year and a half ago, I was in a rut myself (I live by myself - I'm single, and my daughter is all grown up with 3 kids of her own), and I was just bored out of my skull with cooking.  My sister "challenged" me to try one new recipe a month.  I took that challenge, and then some!  I've found tons of new, fantastic recipes, just by browsing the web.

Start by writing out a list of types of meals - meaning, "chicken", "beef", "pork", "seafood", "meatless" (those are my own choices, revise it as you need).  Then start by browsing thru the recipes right here in this group, and find just one that fits into each of your categories.  The people here share their tried-and-true recipes (well, I do, and I'm just assuming everyone else does, too!!!!).  Make a few of them, and then come back and look for more.  And then start surfing the web.  There are tons of foodie blogs out there - start with one like http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/

In your searches, you're going to find some that you will make forever and ever, and you'll find some that are good, but you don't like them enough to make them again.   

KittyGram
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM

If you want a couple of specific recipes, I can share some that my grandkids, 9, 7, and almost 5, love!   But.... I still am urging you to surf around this group a bit to find more!!!

Taco Pasta
from www.fakeginger.com

1 pound ground beef or turkey
8 ounce small dry pasta shapes
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
4 tablespoon taco seasoning
3 ounce cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper

Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set aside.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet or saute pan, cook the ground meat over medium-high heat until no longer pink. A few minutes before the meat is cooked through, add the chopped onion to the skillet. Once the meat is cooked through, mix in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Mix in the diced tomatoes and taco seasoning and let simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream and reserved pasta water, and continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes to reduce the sauce a bit.

KittyGram
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Sausage with Peppers and Pasta

(don't remember where I got this recipe, but I'm thinking it's from Kraft Food and Family magazine)

3 cups rigatoni pasta, uncooked
1 lb. Italian sausage, sliced
1 each: red, green and yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Italian* Mozzarella-Parmesan Cheese Blend
1/4 cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese

COOK pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet on medium heat 10 min. Stir in peppers; cook 7 min. or until sausage is cooked through and peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 min. or until heated through.

DRAIN pasta. Add to sausage mixture with shredded cheese; mix well.

TOP with Parmesan.

KittyGram
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Beefy Pasta Skillet (the g-kids absolutely devour this one!)

from http://www.campbellskitchen.com/

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup (Regular or 25% Less Sodium)
1/4 cup water
1 T Worchestershire sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups cooked corkscrew pasta or elbow pasta

Cook beef and onion in skillet until browned. Pour off fat.
Add soup, water, Worchestershire, cheese and pasta and heat through.

KittyGram
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Chicken and Biscuits (another one that the g-kids love)

www.campbellskitchen.com

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Celery Soup
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
1 cup milk
1/4 t. dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 t. ground black pepper
4 cups cooked cut-up vegetables *
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 pkg. (about 7 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10)

1. MIX soups, milk, thyme, black pepper, vegetables and chicken in 3-quart shallow baking dish.
2. BAKE at 400°F. for 15 minutes. Stir. CUT each biscuit into quarters. ARRANGE cut biscuits over chicken mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden.
3. Serves 5.
4. TIP: *Use a combination of broccoli flowerets, cauliflower flowerets and carrots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)