Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Schools Out...meal ideas

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

school is out for us and now kids are home eating three meals a day...any suggestions on meals that will not bust the bank and that will stretch? Thanks

by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
periwinkle163
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I like to repurpose meals, spaghetti and meatballs becomes meatball subs for lunch or another dinner, chili becomes chili dogs, ideas like that. I really like to make a batch of chicken with just mild seasoning and then I can use it in salads, wraps, sandwiches and for pot pies or casseroles.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Leftovers.  Sandwiches.  English muffin pizzas.  

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I wouldnt do much different. What did they do for lunch when they went to school??

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Lunch is always the meal I struggle with. We usually do leftovers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM

My dd likes just having a sandwich and some fruit, she's not much of a lunch gal.

mrscbrown2011
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:03 AM

School lunches that are served, but snack after school, but yes we do leftovers for lunch as well, when school was in they really came home and ate leftovers if any. Great ideas...thanks

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Quoting Kimberly954:

I wouldnt do much different. What did they do for lunch when they went to school??

Our school sends the lunch menu home on the school calendar. I keep the calendars so I can make a meal plan from it ... so easy!

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Thats an interesting thing to do! I will keep that in mind for when mine are in school!

Quoting DissieDothe:

Quoting Kimberly954:

Our school sends the lunch menu home on the school calendar. I keep the calendars so I can make a meal plan from it ... so easy!

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I've been making sandwiches and fries, fishsticks, chicken nuggets, spaghetti and a lot of sloppy joes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)