Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Allergy Ladies

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:15 AM
  • 20 Replies

My dd (she is 3) complains almost every morning her stomach hurts. I am lactose intollerant so I kind of wonder if thats the problem....although she eats dairy all day long and only complains in the morning. does this sound like an allergy to something or something else???

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovelychaos13
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:36 AM

i was lactose intollerant when i was very little, made me so sick i nearly died at about a year and a half (puking, stomach cramps fever diarea, leading to dehydration) problem was i loved milk, stole my little brother bottles too lol, as i got a bit older they came out with those tablets to help those with lactose intolerance and i used those, over time even though i would forget and skip them my  reaction got less and less and pretty much went away before i was 9. my reactions were also delayed, it wasnt instant right after i drank it  but it usually hit within 24 hrs of consuming it, sometimes it hit 3 hrs after and sometimes  if i ate it  in the afternoon  it didnt hit me until the next day. 

she very well could be allergic to dairy,  but for me  mainly it was straight up milk that  affected me, cheese, yogurt and yay ice cream didnt affect me!

fyi im also allergic to yellow #5 & #6 , these have almost same reaction as old milk allergy only the abdominal crams are far more excruciating. ugh other countries have banned those dyes from foods i wish we would too

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I am the same way with my lactose intolerance but its that way with cheese and ice cream....anything heavy in milk. I usually dont feel it until the next day. I thought i was just strange because most people with lactose intolerance get diarrhea immediately and I get really bad stomachaches and feel sick for a good portion of the day.

Quoting lovelychaos13:

i was lactose intollerant when i was very little, made me so sick i nearly died at about a year and a half (puking, stomach cramps fever diarea, leading to dehydration) problem was i loved milk, stole my little brother bottles too lol, as i got a bit older they came out with those tablets to help those with lactose intolerance and i used those, over time even though i would forget and skip them my  reaction got less and less and pretty much went away before i was 9. my reactions were also delayed, it wasnt instant right after i drank it  but it usually hit within 24 hrs of consuming it, sometimes it hit 3 hrs after and sometimes  if i ate it  in the afternoon  it didnt hit me until the next day. 

she very well could be allergic to dairy,  but for me  mainly it was straight up milk that  affected me, cheese, yogurt and yay ice cream didnt affect me!

fyi im also allergic to yellow #5 & #6 , these have almost same reaction as old milk allergy only the abdominal crams are far more excruciating. ugh other countries have banned those dyes from foods i wish we would too

lovelychaos13
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:58 AM

yup and old friend of mine he gets a reaction right after eating, but he demands me to make him my blueberry cheesecake he says it is so worth it to be on the toilet for hours.

me my worst reactions were when i would sneak out to the fridge open a fresh gallon of milk and chug the whole thing.... lol i love milk and dairy. i havent had any reaction for years  though.

Quoting Kimberly954:

I am the same way with my lactose intolerance but its that way with cheese and ice cream....anything heavy in milk. I usually dont feel it until the next day. I thought i was just strange because most people with lactose intolerance get diarrhea immediately and I get really bad stomachaches and feel sick for a good portion of the day.

Quoting lovelychaos13:

KamsOne
by Jen on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Does she wake up with a stomach ache or does it bother her after she eats breakfast?

amommyslife03
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM
My 8 yr old went a yr with stomach pain and test after test everything came back fine they sent us to an ent and he drew blood and did an allergy test went back for results about 2 weeks later found out shes allergic to. Milk,eggs,cod fish,eggs,wheat,and peanuts they had us cut everything she was alleric to out of her diet for a couple weeks then try them one at a time for a couple weeks to see if she had stomach pains still even after taken it all away she still had pains so she still eats all above except anything peanuts-nuts in it found out from the blood work was so high they gave us an eppy pen right then and there and its the only food we didnt try her back on. The stupid part is she ate peanut butter sandwiches and cracker and lots of other things all the time with now signs at all of an allergic reaction no swollen lips throat closing rash nothing so its weird one of these days im gonna try her on it again shes scared to but told her we would do it at the doc office where it was safe we found out about this last yr i want to know what she can n cant eat from peanuts like i know some kids just cant have the peanuts like out the can or shell and some can do the peanut butter others its the oil that sets them off i wanna narrow it down so she wont be so scared now. And make it worse shes the only kid n her school alleric to it ans has to sit by her self to eat at a peanut free table everyonce in a while another kid or teacher will sit with her after they make sure nothing contains anything to do with nuts
Hope this helps some as for her stomach pain she still gets them were now thinking it was from stress from us loosing both my parents the same yr one in jan n other n dec of 2010 she was extreamly close to them and spent time with them n went next door by heself alot to be with them she also wakes up screaming at night used to be everynight a couple times a night for a 1 1/2 yrs after mom passed now dosent happen often she passed on to her sister who started after my dad passed and still doing it so this is why we think the pain are because of that she dosent complane like she used to
Again hope this helps and sry it was so long
AlyssaN
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I remember having stomach cramps, diarrhea, or constipation when I had any kind of dairy when I was about 9. Fortunately I grew out of it after 3 years. And it was lactose intolerance.
Is it right when she gets up, or after breakfast? It probably wouldn't hurt to have her tested for any allergies.
Kimberly954
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:42 PM

hm....not right away. like an hour after she gets up when she tries eating breakfast.

Quoting KamsOne:

Does she wake up with a stomach ache or does it bother her after she eats breakfast?

Blue231
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I can't drink milk in the morning unless it is just a little bit in some cereal. If I try to drink a separate glass of milk on an empty stomach in the morning, it upsets my stomach. Any other time of day I can drink as much milk as I want, and it doesn't bother me. I don't have an allergy to it, just can't seem to digest it in the morning. (I've always had that issue since I was a kid.)
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Idk sorry, hope you figure it out.

BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM

It could be dairy or gluten intolerance or sensitivity. She should have a blood panel drawn and allergy testing. Poor baby :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN