Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Sweet Potatoes

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

how can i get it soft? i need to make it into baby food with my baby food processor..

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/abbienkatelyn/

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I would bake them in their skins (more nutritious that way) and then scoop out the flesh to purée into baby food. You could also peel and boil them, but I think they taste better baked.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you boil them like you would white potatoes to make mashed potatoes? Idk, never cooked sweet potatoes or made my own baby food.

Bump

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM

they won't even fit into the small pot i have lol

Quoting goddess99:

Can you boil them like you would white potatoes to make mashed potatoes? Idk, never cooked sweet potatoes or made my own baby food.

Bump

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:09 PM

on what and for how long?

Quoting jjamom:

I would bake them in their skins (more nutritious that way) and then scoop out the flesh to purée into baby food. You could also peel and boil them, but I think they taste better baked.

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

bake it for an hour. The skin will fall off. Throw it in your processor with a little water or breastmilk...thin to your liking that way.

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

375 for smaller potatoes. 400 for large thick potatoes.

Quoting Kimberly954:

bake it for an hour. The skin will fall off. Throw it in your processor with a little water or breastmilk...thin to your liking that way.

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Do the same for a squash (butternut is best). Just cut it in half first, scoop out the seeds, and roast on a cookie sheet for about an hour. Test it with a fork to see when its your desired tenderness. DS LOVES my squash and sweet potatoes.

Quoting Kimberly954:

375 for smaller potatoes. 400 for large thick potatoes.

Quoting Kimberly954:

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I always baked them and then mashed them.

mamalynnsmith
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Put them in the microwave for about 4 min. For a medium size sweet potato or you can peal them cut them in to pieces and boil them until they are soft.
Lzabierek
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I always just boil them until fork tender, peel them, throw them in the blender with a little bit of water. Done!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)