Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you eat better in the summer?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:16 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you eat better in the summer?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:17 AM

I eat so much better in the summer. I don't have a big appetite when it's hot out so when I do eat I pick healthier options.

3_girls_86
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:20 AM
I don't really eat in the summer. it's not by choice, it's simply because I'm not hungry because it's too hot.
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:50 AM

No, we don't eat healthier in the summer. We travel a lot, and eat most meals out, so it's harder to eat healthy. Plus, where I live there isn't a lot of local produce available because it's too hot, so when we're home that makes it difficult as well. And not being on a regular schedule like the rest of the year, it just makes eating more haphazard.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I think we eat a little healthier in the summer because we don't eat as many hearty stews and heavy means. We eat more grilled foods, fresh veggie dishes and less warm, creamy sauces/stews.
Blestmomof3
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Same for us......

Quoting jjamom:

I think we eat a little healthier in the summer because we don't eat as many hearty stews and heavy means. We eat more grilled foods, fresh veggie dishes and less warm, creamy sauces/stews.

goddess99
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Maybe, only because it's easier to get fresh fruit.

ReniaEats
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Not really. In the winter we eat a tone of broth-based soups that are pretty low cal. In the summer I drink a fair amount of beer and eat a lot of fruit. So it sort of balances out. However, in Florida we don't have REAL winters. We have degrees of hot.

Cindy18
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I suppose. More excess to fresh fruits and veggies.

katielovesyou21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM

we dont really have any special time of year we eat better. now winter im making everyone pack on the pounds lol

SlightlyPerfect
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM

OMG yeah

slightlyperfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN