Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Pizza recipe like the restaurants needed!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 11 Replies

We went to Dominoes the other night because somebody was replacing a window in my kitchen. Everybody wanted somethng different so we ended up with 3 different pizzas,nothing special, and it was $38 for 3 MEDIUMS!

My DH really doesn't care for homemade pizza or I would make it. Can anybody make a "Dominoes" style pizza without a lot of fuss?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
periwinkle163
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:13 PM

The crust is the tricky part, because toppings are pretty easy to replicate. I don't have a good recipe because I usually just buy the crust either at the grocery store or from a local pizza place. Here's a bump for you though.

frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM

yeah the crust is  a special recipe apparently just for that franchise.   See how much a take and bake is from them and tell the family they all need to agree on toppings.  That price is nuts for what you get.

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM

We like my homemade pizza better than take out pizza. I make the dough in the breadmachine. Then i bake it on a cookie sheet to make it softer.....on a pizza stone the crust gets too crispy. I sprinkle sugar over the pizza sauce. And after i do the cheese I sprinkle oregano. But it doesnt taste like dominos (its better! haha)

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Not sure, we usually just eat homemade.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Bertieb
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, for the crust recipe!  I love build your own pizza but DH just thinks you can't beat take out style. I will keep trying!

PurpleCupcake
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Even though most recipes call for all purpose flour, you should use bread flour for a better texture. 

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I love pizza but have never tried it at home.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I love homemade pizza.  But I don't make my own crusts.

rmp
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I buy Trader Joes pizza dough both kinds the white and wheat and we just add sauce , cheese and toppings. Dominos crust is brushed with butter and then they sprinkle salt and garlic seasonings. We like a healthier choice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN