Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Any ideas what to do with leftover pork roast

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 26 Replies
I made a picnic pork roast and I have a ton leftover and I'm not sure what to do with it. My kids will not eat bbq shredded pork sandwiches so that idea is out. Thanks for your help!
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:20 PM

casseroles, soups?  make pork wraps for yourself.   if you have the room, freeze some for later down the road.

rosiemarie
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Quesadillas ........if I don't know what else to do with left over meat I make these.....chicken....pork....need is all good!
I take a soft tortilla and put on Pam with a little oil.....spread some
Met on half of it with some shredded cheese. Flip the other side over so it is closed and press until underside is crispy them flip and do the same on te other side
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Pork fried rice.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:19 PM

bump

armyvet06
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Pulled pork sandwiches
MsEmma88
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Country living has a great pulled pork recipe that doesn't involve BBQ. Umm pork fried rice. Pork spring rolls sweet n sour pork. Pork n sauerkraut bake. I think that's all I've got
AlyssaN
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add to baked beans, bean soup with pork, tacos, burritos, nachos. If you have one or access to one, use a meat grinder to grind it and mix with mayo or miracle whip for sandwich spread.
AmosFarkle
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:31 PM

"Cowboy Beans", only use the pork instead of ground beef. And why not season it with whatever the kids DO like (ranch, honey mustard, heck even jelly or maple syrup) and serve it to them on a bun.  (And tell them, "This is what we're having...isn't it wonderful?  No, you may not have something else...take at least one bite and eat the rest of your meal." )  What about just ketchup?  You and your dh can put any kind of sauce on yours that you wish.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:32 PM

That's what I was thinking too.

Quoting armyvet06:

Pulled pork sandwiches

22donnas
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
hi my name is kay i would put it in the oven with potatoes and onions seasoning.of course water. or the crock pot.untill tender. thats the way we eat pork roast left over or make a sandwhich with it. hows that?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)