Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Have you ever....

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Jen
  • 8 Replies

Killed your own food??

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KamsOne
by Jen on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM

When I was a kid I used to go fishing and I would gut and clean the fish that I caught.  Although I wouldn't eat it...I didn't like fish.

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I have caught fish that we ended up eating before, but I am not a girl who would willingly gut or clean them, I won't even bait my own hook, lol.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Same here, we used to fish when I was a kid and crab. I did eat both. I have never been hunting though, I don't think I could do that, unless it was for survival.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Omg no and never

momofjkkc
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I never have. I don't know if I could. Maybe if I absolutely had to and we had no other way of getting food. I would probably become a veg instead though. Lol
22donnas
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

NO WAY.

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM

me personally, no. I have tried and missed my shot! lol My DH does all the time though and although I do not clean the animal (hog, deer, fish, lobster, shrimp, whatever), i will help him process the meat. We have a grinder or I will chop it up. I watch him skin the animals though. It doesnt bother me.

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM

For those that say "no way", dont knock it until you try it!! Venison and Wild Hogs are VERY lean, no hormones, all grassfed natural meat. :) I pay a lot to get the same thing for my beef!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)